Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know who makes a passenger side engine compartment compressor mount for the ARB Dual compressor? Looking to mount a compressor and manifold kit over there in a 2011 FJ.

Thanks!

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,262 Posts
Under the hood or in the cargo area?

or something like this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for something to mount the Dual Compressor in the passenger side of the engine compartment behind the air box.
Under the hood or in the cargo area?

or something like this?

Looking for something to mount the ARB Dual compressor in the passenger side of the engine compartment behind the air box

·
Registered
171 Posts
What year model?

I have an extra one for 07-10 that I bought used by mistake. It would not work with my 12’ so got one from Bandi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
What year model?

I have an extra one for 07-10 that I bought used by mistake. It would not work with my 12’ so got one from Bandi.

Never mind I missed the 2011 part, smh

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Does anyone know who makes a passenger side engine compartment compressor mount for the ARB Dual compressor? Looking to mount a compressor and manifold kit over there in a 2011 FJ.

Thanks!
There are some drawbacks to mounting a compressor in the engine bay, vs in the cargo bay.
Drawbacks:
1. Constant exposure to 150F+ engine bay temperatures;
2. Exposure to high humidity & splash during rain or fording;
3. Exposure to high dust levels;
4. Compressor already heat-soaked when you finally stop to air up. This is particularly important, as the compressor head temperature can reach over 200F after 10 minutes of operation even with the compressor mounted in the cargo bay. It could only be worse if mounted in the engine bay.

Either a single or dual ARB can be mounted on the sidewall of the cargo bay, using a home-made or Springtail rack. This doesn't take up any real storage space in the cargo bay, as it's all above the wheel-well hump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts