Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the FJ community, but not new to the 4wheeling community. For the last 2 years I've owned a great 2005 toyota 4runner; which I lifted, tuned, slapped big tires on, and used as a light expedition rig. As I got into modding the 4runner, I found that it would be easier for me to mod the FJ, and that the FJ would better fit my needs. So now I have a 2007 TRD SE, and it has been great.

As it sits TODAY

Brand NEW from a dealer in Texas.

Suspension and Wheel Modifications

Icon extended travel Front coilovers
Total Chaos UCAs
Metaltech/Icon Rear Long Travel
TRD Trail Teams Black Wheels

Engine Modifications

TRD Supercharger
Iridium Spark Plugs
TRD Highflow Air Filter
Removed Intake liner in Fender
Doug Thorley Headers
TRD Exhaust

Armor and Recovery

Engo 10,000 LB Winch
Demello Offroad Evil Eye Bumper
Uniden PRO520XL CB radio -- 4' Whip

Appearance Modifications

Plasti-Dipped front grill and Bash Plate

Interior Modifications

Now, right after I brought it home to colorful Colorado, I had to break it in. So I went on some wheeling expeditions, where I learned the FJ is very photogenic:

While doing some hill bombing, and catching some air with my buddies it earned the name Pastrana, and that stuck. Also earned the name skirt (because going over rolls, all you see is SKY-DIRT-SKY-DIRT), but I'm going to ignore that name.

Stay Tuned, More to come.

Jordan

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Check Page 3 for more MOAB pictures.

As some of you know, I've been working overseas for the last two months, and I've fallen way behind on my wheeling quota. However, after a recent trip to Moab, UT, and some great expeditions around the vail area with another FJ friend, I think I'm catching back up. This is how Pastrana has changed recently:

First thing I put on this summer was the demello evil-eye front bumper, and boy does this thing look mean!

Next was suspension, this was actually installed by Slee Offroad in Golden, Colorado, because I was out of town. Shout out for them for amazing skills and staying in touch with me throughout the whole process. The suspension consists of an icon extended travel up front (remote resi's) in addition to total chaos UCAs, and in the rear is a Metal Tech/Icon long travel suspension.

Lastly, I traded a forum member my gun metal / Anthracite wheels for black trail teams.

I also finally installed my CB radio!! (sorry no pics)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reserved 3

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reserved 4

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reserved 5

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks

Hmmm, could be. I drove up behind the edwards medical center (behind the cordillera valley side) and I found a plethora of roads and trails that went all the way back for miles and miles, I think it connects to the trails behind wildridge and maybe even wildwood.

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
The pin stripe is really a personal preference...normally I don't like them but it doesn't look that bad on your FJ!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, when I first saw the pin stripe, I hated it, but I've gotten used to it. (Usually when I get used to things, I forget about how they look good or bad.... thats how I've ended up with some ugly colored things in the past)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thanks

Hmmm, could be. I drove up behind the edwards medical center (behind the cordillera valley side) and I found a plethora of roads and trails that went all the way back for miles and miles, I thin kit connects to the trails behind wildridge and maybe even wildwood.
yup. those trails go from vail to wolcott. fun stuff back there. if you're not busy this weekend give me a shout and we can go do some local explorin. gonna check out teva games as well.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
Nice FJ Cruiser! Good luck with the mods.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yup. those trails go from vail to wolcott. fun stuff back there. if you're not busy this weekend give me a shout and we can go do some local explorin. gonna check out teva games as well.
I'd love to go and romp around with you, I have one problem though... I was supposed to be helping the dealer supercharger expert put on my S/C today and tomorrow... but the bastard got strep and now my truck is disassembled sitting in the boulder toyota dealer.... so I've got to drive a damn prius back up to vail tomorrow instead of a super charged FJ, and I'll be car-less this weekend... maybe the next week though, and you can show me around!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice FJ Cruiser! Good luck with the mods.
Thanks Archy! I have just about everything here (the winch, the bumper, the CB, the antenna, and more) I just need to get the time or the funds to put them on:twak: Thank goodness for summer though!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'd love to go and romp around with you, I have one problem though... I was supposed to be helping the dealer supercharger expert put on my S/C today and tomorrow... but the bastard got strep and now my truck is disassembled sitting in the boulder toyota dealer.... so I've got to drive a damn prius back up to vail tomorrow instead of a super charged FJ, and I'll be car-less this weekend... maybe the next week though, and you can show me around!
waisting no time, i like it. i want to see that SC! i havent seen what an fj can do with one yet

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sky-Dirt at 50mph = crash and /or lots of cash to reBuild. Get a MC bike for that kind of air.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sky-Dirt at 50mph = crash and /or lots of cash to reBuild. Get a MC bike for that kind of air.
It was controlled and in a safe environment, I assure you.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
waisting no time, i like it. i want to see that SC! i havent seen what an fj can do with one yet
You'll be the first one to hear once I have the boosted FJ back in the valley!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Congrats looking forward the build

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 45 Posts