Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings all!

I've been lurking here for quite some time, and have been fighting with trading my 2004 xterra in on a shiny new FJ... I almost did it twice now, paperwork in my paws, vehicle in the trade-in bay... to no avail. I just couldn't do it. As much as I love my xterra though, I have been drawn to the FJ since it came out. So, I figured after much deliberation that now is the time. My extended warranty is ending this year, and the local Toyota dealership has a slick white Trail Teams edition in the showroom with less than 15 miles on it just howling for me to come buy it. Credit app is in, down payment in on their desk, and I'm waiting for the final "Come N' Get It!" call from the dealership. So, I figured I'd say "Hi" and test the water for friendliness.

If all goes well, I'll be designing the vinyl graphics for my spiffy new TTSE by the end of the week. Heh, the clean white sides just scream for some custom vinyl (a hobby of mine). I've had three xterras since my first in 2000 and I have yet to send them on a real trail run. So, first on my list of trips to take in the new FJ will be to find a group or club in the Milwaukee/Madison area and ask to tag along on their next "Newbie Run." I have zero experience, but would love to add trail-running to my list of weekend activities.

So, wish me luck. If I vanish, the credit gods stamped my ass with reeeee-jected. If all goes well - I look forward to being an active forum member.

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
+Hi, Xterra's are nice but the FJ is great! Good luck.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
welcome - and good luck - :bigthumb:

-

-

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome and take the plunge

·
Registered
279 Posts
furry or not, it will be nice to have more people in the Milwaukee area that are looking to use this rig for what it was intended! All i see are soccer moms until i get to janesville and hook up with Chris and Charity! All my FJ friends besides them are FIBS! Just kidding guys! Glad to have you aboard, and i hope all goes well with the TT. Let me know if you want to ride, as i am aching to do some trails. If you are up for a little bit of a drive, i know that Phil is always up for it!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :) We're friendly, but can be a terrible influence on your wallet. :lol:

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Wow. What a wonderful response so early in the day. Looks like I'm not the only one who pops on at work. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome thus far!

I am not really a "furry" and have never subscribed to the whole overweight mascot-wearing fandom per se, nor do I live in my mother's basement. The wolf is more of my "spirit guide" or "totem animal" to borrow a concept from the Native American culture. Catch me at a trail run or a campout someday and I'll give you the whole story.

My forum avatar is my alter ego though and you'll find him on pretty much everything I do online.

Good to hear there there are Wisconsin folks up for trail runs. I love a good road trip and if everything falls into place this week, I'd gladly drive anywhere in the state for a weekend introductory crash-course in offroading... sort-to-speak. Heh, I'll take the "bunny slope version" to start tho - lest "FJ" stand for "Flipped it, Jackass" my very first week of ownership.

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
welcome... tough choice... the FJ is a great rig.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Good luck on the TT, and Welcome to the forum!!!!!!:wave::cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Welcome aboard!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts