Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

181 - 200 of 264 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Checked out ladee flats today (Estacada). For those that haven't been it was a ton of fun. Lots of mud! Maybe we can get a group together out there in the next few weeks... also Christmas tree cutting sounds good
Didn't know it was there, been by it MANY times. Is there a sign? I'll check it out next time I go by!

Yesterday went up to Lake Harriet via Three Lynx/Pipeline Rd. Found 4 different ways of getting there from 224. Can't upload picture from work :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Didn't know it was there, been by it MANY times. Is there a sign? I'll check it out next time I go by!

Yesterday went up to Lake Harriet via Three Lynx/Pipeline Rd. Found 4 different ways of getting there from 224. Can't upload picture from work :(
No sign. Just turn onto N Fork Rd and head up about 5 miles and there is an ohv area.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Lots of DEEP mud holes up there, so choose wisely.

How's Harriet water level?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Went up to Mt. Hood today. Took still creek to trillium, then to sky line rd, back way into clear lake, then little crater lake, moved on to high rock, then Timothy lake. Here are just a few of the pics from the day. If it snows Monday and Tuesday we will be going up Tuesday evening for a snow night run with some fresh powder if any one is interested in going as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448167989.245906.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448168002.147006.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448168025.199618.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448168042.848566.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448168054.500127.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448168079.717663.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Lots of DEEP mud holes up there, so choose wisely.

How's Harriet water level?
I haven't progressed to DEEP mud holes yet :) Still at moderately shallow.

The lake was full, not down a bit. Smooth as glass and one fisherman who was having some luck.

Went up to Mt Hood the afternoon the snow started to collect. Drove up Hwy 26 to snowmobile park just off 26 and 42.

It was getting dark and we decided not to go back down 26 (slow traffic). Instead went 42 to 58 (past Little Crater) up around High Rocks then down 58 to 57 to Ripplebrook GS to Estacada.

Been that way many many times on Harley and now FJ, but during the day. Its a whole different trip in the dark with snow falling (no tracks to follow). Headlights not beamed correctly (after front end lift). But it was pretty with the big slow falling flakes.

Won't do that again unless I have a LOT more lights :)

Snow pic obviously not the same day :) Wish I got one with the snow falling in the headlights.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Went up to Mt. Hood today. Took still creek to trillium, then to sky line rd,
I was up there last night... went up from Lake Harriet and tried to take abbot road over (east to west). Lots of frozen mud sections and frozen over water holes but ran into a downed tree that I could not get out of the way (without spending an hour in the dark and cold mud hole) so had to turn around about half way. Ended up having to take 58 to 57 to Ripplebrook GS to Estacada to get back.

The snow on the roads is only a couple of inches deep with lots of tracks but at night a layer of ice is building up so it gets a bit slick after dark. still lots of fun up there. bring cold weather gear though it is getting cold.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
I was up there last night... went up from Lake Harriet and tried to take abbot road over (east to west). Lots of frozen mud sections and frozen over water holes but ran into a downed tree that I could not get out of the way (without spending an hour in the dark and cold mud hole) so had to turn around about half way. Ended up having to take 58 to 57 to Ripplebrook GS to Estacada to get back.
We tried that from the 224 end > N Fork Rd (4610) maybe 2 years ago. We got 5-6 miles from the end at High Rocks.

A rock slide where the road goes along the cliff - got over the slide but came to a wash out and turned back. As you started from the High Rocks end you had to get past the wash out.

Zach said he did too. I'll have to go back and try again. The cliffs/drop off into space are not my favorite parts :( Last time was in my Dodge truck, FJ will do better. :)

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I'll have to go back and try again. The cliffs/drop off into space are not my favorite parts
do it in the dark... you'll hardly notice it :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
For all those not on FB...

"Looking for something a little more substantial to do after Thanksgiving? 4x4 OHV trip @ Browns Camp is the ticket.
When: Friday, November 27th
Meet Up Location: Shell Station
55870 NW Wilson River Hwy, Gales Creek, OR 97117
Meet Up Time: 9:45 am Roll out by 10:00 am
Permits Required: Oregon OHV
Communications: Channel 3
Vehicle Requirements: Traction tires, recovery points front and rear.
Trail Plan: Fire Break Five, Cedar Way, Archer's Firebreak & Rocky Uphill. These trails are a little tougher than the last trip so be prepared for a nice challenge."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yo PDX peeps. I mounted up some new Baja Designs lights on Saturday. Pics in the other post, HERE

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm new to the area.

Recently look a job offer in Oregon and wanted to see what the fellow FJ owners were up to.

Any facebook groups for this region?

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome! What part of Oregon will you be in? Search for Northwest Fj Cruiser Club on Facebook. Pretty active group of people.

I will be working in Hillsboro and living somewhere around there... I know someone who lives in Beaverton and few (old) co-workers who moved up there also recommend it. Most likely will be settling down somewhere west of Portland.

haha any area you might recommend? and any area we should stay out of?

Thanks!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm new to the area.

Recently look a job offer in Oregon and wanted to see what the fellow FJ owners were up to.

Any facebook groups for this region?

Thanks!
A good way to meet a lot of the regional people is to see if you can attend this.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/north-west-region/496281-official-2016-florence-beach-run-thread-march-25-27-a.html

You can meet ~30 rigs worth of people on a good year from WA, OR, ID, Canada, and I believe some Californians came one year.

181 - 200 of 264 Posts