Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

221 - 240 of 264 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
For all those not on FB...
Ok, OK, I give up! My family (wife, kids and grandkids) have been after me forever to join Facebook. :( I've avoided it like the plague.

I'll do it for the Fj. I guess I have some learning to do.

How do I find you guys on Facebook?

tks,

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm not on the facebooks nor do I know how to use it, but I do hope to run into you sometime around the Mt Hood area. It seems like you've explored here a bit. Plus you have a winch now I believe! Maybe we could put it to use!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Anyone heading up tomorrow?

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Ok, OK, I give up! My family (wife, kids and grandkids) have been after me forever to join Facebook. :( I've avoided it like the plague.

I'll do it for the Fj. I guess I have some learning to do.

How do I find you guys on Facebook?

tks,

Lookup Northwest FJ Cruiser Club!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Did you get stuck in that traffic on 26?! It took me 2 hours to get from Timberline to Welches! So bad!
That was nothing! We came back from Redmond OR yesterday, passed over the summit around noon or so. It was a parking lot headed east up the mountain...almost nonstop cars from Welches up to Govt. Camp, and again down in Sandy. Too many people thinking too late it would be fun to go play in the snow.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I'm not on the facebooks nor do I know how to use it, but I do hope to run into you sometime around the Mt Hood area. It seems like you've explored here a bit. Plus you have a winch now I believe! Maybe we could put it to use!

Most if not all the back roads are closed now. I do have some questions about Hwy 42/58/57 though, from another post.

I'll have to start doing some pre-planning for the trips. So many times we go up are spur of the moment.

Going with a group is definitely more fun than solo.

tks,

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Nope we came up the back way through Estacada up NF-57 & 58.

We were up checking out Frog Lake and the snowmobile park off 26 on 42.

We started down 42 towards Timothy and were told the road was closed. I was wanting to come back over 58/57 to Ripplebrook GS and Estacada to avoid the traffic. If there is not a gate or berm, its not closed?

First year I've tried winter driving up there, fair weather Harley riders :)

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
57 definitely wasn't closed. I just looked up 58 and see it is seasonally closed for vehicles wider than 48". So maybe it was closed, but not for the environmental animal mating purposes. Must be a safety thing? There were alot of rigs up there. I know the road from ripplebrook toward Elk Lake and Detroit was closed because of trees and slides.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
57 definitely wasn't closed. I just looked up 58 and see it is seasonally closed for vehicles wider than 48". So maybe it was closed, but not for the environmental animal mating purposes. Must be a safety thing? There were alot of rigs up there. I know the road from ripplebrook toward Elk Lake and Detroit was closed because of trees and slides.

Thanks, I'll try the back way next time. :)

The pics you posted, 57 between Hwy 224 and 58? (before 57 goes gravel)

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Looks like I'm missing out by not joining Facebook. No activity in here since late December.

Been doing back roads mostly, ways to the coast off pavement

Got my FJ ready for a few days in Baker Country in July. Ghost towns and gold mines.

Got a little lift and a new rear bumper since I saw you guys last.

Any Portland meetings coming up?

I still haven't figured out how to put comments between pictures in a post. Any help?

Thanks,
Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks like I'm missing out by not joining Facebook. No activity in here since late December.

Been doing back roads mostly, ways to the coast off pavement

Got my FJ ready for a few days in Baker Country in July. Ghost towns and gold mines.

Got a little lift and a new rear bumper since I saw you guys last.

Any Portland meetings coming up?

I still haven't figured out how to put comments between pictures in a post. Any help?

Thanks,
Lee
Sweet rig!

Lets explore those coastal roads you speak of! haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a new guy in Newberg. Picked up this 2011 last month and am loving it so far. Has a 3" OME, ARB bull bar, Warn 8k, and some 33" BFG's. I just added the Bushwacker knock-offs last weekend. My winch/bumper combo are too heavy for the front OME's. I think they're the medium duties. I have a decent rake and the nose dive while braking is really noticeable. My next want is some front sway aways and some wheel spacers. I'm looking forward to getting out and meeting some people. I just picked up my OHV sticker but am new to Oregon and am not sure where to go get some dirt under my tires.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks great! If you are on Facebook, look up OTO PDX Overlanders. We do trail runs almost every weekend. Also, Northwest FJ Cruisers on Facebook if you haven't already, some runs come up on there every so often as well.
Thanks! I joined both and am now officially binge watching all of OTO's YouTube videos. Definitely right up my alley. I've been a member over on Expedition Portal since like 2000. I've built everything from a Jeep Rubicon on 37s to a rust bucket 1984 Westfalia. Exploring is how I keep my sanity.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Who's up for attending the NW Overland Rally up by Leavenworth WA in June?? I'm going to put in for time off work. Wife and I will take our new (used) BushRanger trailer.

NW Overland Rally

221 - 240 of 264 Posts