Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2000+ mile road trip planned in a few months (into the Badlands!), and I really want to maximize my fuel economy on the drive. I'm looking for some input on what people are getting for additional MPG with these?
I know there will be a lack of power in this mode, but when I'm cruising down a long lonely highway, I'm not going to be too concerned with passing power.

The Pedal Commander claims up to 20% increase in MPG in ECO mode, but I was just hoping for real world input.
I haven't really seen anything for MPG claims with the Sprint Booster.

I would also be interested to hear about anything else you've tried. I've already done all the obvious, plugs, filters, synthetics etc...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a sprint booster set to green 7. IMO...You will not see any increase in MPG by using it. In fact you should see a loss of MPG. I have kept track of every tank and mileage since I got mine in June. Haven't seen much loss in MPG on my green 7 setting. The sprint booster does nothing more than imitate you pushing harder on the gas pedal. It does not change shifting patterns, rpms, etc.
Don't get me wrong. I like mine. Bought it because the throttle response just seemed lagging and it is easily adjustable, easily removable, and has a security mode that can basically disable the vehicle without the code or removal of the sprint booster itself.
I messed with it until I found the setting that was comfortable for me where it was my normal push on the gas pedal and the response in acceleration time that I was used to.

Bottom line for me is the only way to get better MPG is just keep your foot out of it. FJ's are NEVER going to be great on gas. Especially if loaded down with supplies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts