Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me if peeling clear coat is covered under warranty? its really funny the tire that is on the back door, and that has been there since its production is the worst, i haven't taken it off-roading and haven't hit any curbs whats the deal? i have the factory aluminum rims fyi i'm not even sure if it is the clearcoat almost looks like the paint is coming off and the aluminum underneath has started to pit

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Interesting...It might be the salt from the snow if you ever have been on snowy roads.:thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it could be for the ones that are one the vehicle, but the one on the back door still hasn't been put to use, and when i bought the FJ in may it didn't have it on it, i emailed the dealer and they say its covered under warranty so i should get it repaired/replaced for free good thing i got the extra warranty :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Interesting...It might be the salt from the snow if you ever have been on snowy roads.:thinkerg:
LOL :jester: They put so much salt on the roads in Ontario, that they are white when they dry out! When I lived there, I had a Datsun 720 that lost about 200 pounds of steel in a couple years to rust! :rawr:

·
Registered
677 Posts
should'nt be salt the snow was gone by may and enough rain to wash any rain away. what dealer by the way?

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
forbes, what color is your truck? i have seen many around, mine is blue

·
Registered
677 Posts
its a team trails edition.all white with all black trim.to bad you did'nt buy it at heffners i have a few contacts there.forbes should take care of you though,it that you first buy from them. :clap:congrats on the new fj

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
you guys are scaring me.....I have not taken my spare cover off in months.....eeeesh. My wheels do seem to be pitting a bit...One in particular. I am having the dealer look at them during my next service when they look after my sqealing brake. There is a TSB about the brakes.

·
Registered
677 Posts
like you nbfjcruz i got a little patriotic washed the truck and went for a spin! could'nt help myself!plenty of stares.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Gutta love it.

We ran into a few young fellas out on a logging road last weekend and to get by them I slid the FJ into the ditch.....as I was climbing out of the ditch I heard one of them say "look he isn't even spinning"...... I will take any oppurtunity I can muster to lock the rear end up and hit the Atrac button......Showing off is fun....

·
Registered
677 Posts
im heading up to the timmons area this weekend.think i'm gonna get it dirty again s***t but is'nt that what it's all about?by the way how is your k&n working for you

·
Registered
773 Posts
check your frame /under carrige welds

you be in for a unpleasant suprise

I drive a salt truck in the winter where i live small town (pop12000)

We laid down just over 500 tons of salt last winter due to ice and very minimal snow

I cannot fathom how much salt gets spread where you live

They probably use a brine solution which is 4x the salt that is in the oceans.

the reason they use a brine is the "rock" salt tends to get spread by traffic to the sides of the roads .

Brine is sprayed on the road and stays till the rainy times wash it away .

check your inner fenders by your battery for the lilttle drilled useless holes for salt residue also. I plugged those bad boys off:cheers:

·
Registered
677 Posts
krown rust-proofed mine less than 24hrs off lot .a great product is used and applied .had it done to my taco and the first guy that saw it after looking at dozens of them bought mine in less than 10mins of looking at it.said it was the best he'd seen for condition,he travelled 9hrs to look at it.krown is a yearly application and is a little expensive but i gained that back on the resale EASILY, as i got the asking price plus the asking price $44oo more than the dealer was willing to give me for it and i had little hassle selling it as this was the first person to even look at it.as for our fellow fj owner i am pretty sure this a factry defect and i am pretty sure forbes will come through and take care of this problem,if not i have a good rapport with my dealer and would be glad to help him if he choose to deal with another dealer.all deicing methods play havoc with vehicles in the great white north so some form of rust protection is needed if you want to hang on to your vehicle for the long haul or for a higher resale.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
total warranty BS

ok i actually went to the dealership today, and the parts guy told me that toyota will only honor the original factory warranty for replacing/repairing the rim even though when i bought it used i had extra 3yr/60k km bumper to bumper added on, any thoughts? should i call up the warranty office and ask them?

·
Registered
677 Posts
you may want to look at your extended warranty and find out what is NOT covered

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i bought the truck used in may of this year, it was owned by one previous owner and the kms were about 62000ish so the factory warranty was long gone but shouldn't the corrosion warranty cover that? i would think it would especially on a rim that has never seen the road, or does that just cover body panels?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts