·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought this topic might be worthy of its own thread

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
No I heard is wife found a bunch of picture of the FJ on the computer. She felt like he was cheating her.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
HA! Good theories, but really I just wanted to show that I could go a whole day without staring at the computer and drooling a nice big puddle on the keyboard. I'm back now, with my own built FJ and a smile on my face.

Admittedly, I a bit worried that my package selections are gonna put me over 30K! Then I have to settle for a Taco.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Percy, You may have said before but did you go with Auto or Manual. Whats your inside assumption on price diff between the two. (Obviously 4x4)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I talked to a dealer today. He felt confident that the Manual would be cheaper than the auto, so I am going with the manual. One because I wanted a stick and two because I am deathly afraid that I am going to exceed my preset $28K limit! Especially with the packages and options I want! Bastards. I can't believe that we can rebuild this thing 42 times a day and not have any guess what kind of expense we are creating for ourselves. It's going to make me crazy-er than I already am!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Percy said:
I can't believe that we can rebuild this thing 42 times a day and not have any guess what kind of expense we are creating for ourselves. It's going to make me crazy-er than I already am!
Just curious, why 42 times? Are you looking for the "answer?"

Jason

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I know the answer... the answer is 42, it's the question we are hunting my dear friend. Now grab your towel and stick out your thumb.

Actually I was going for insane random number... 42 just kinda popped in there. I forgot all about that until you mentioned it.

Here's the ultimate test of your relationship though...:cool:

I got the call today from my girlfriend that said, "I just built MY FJ, let's compare..." She built the exact same truck minus the cargo mats, aux lighting, door sill bling, and the spare tire cover. Then told me to find a dealer and PLACE MY DEPOSIT!

Yeah, I'm a spoiled boy. Sometimes, girls are really cool. :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Percy,
I think you can live without the door sill bling....... :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ah the difference between girlfriend and wife/fiancee.
If my fiancee went to "build" the FJ...we'd compare. Mine would be a decently loaded silver Fj..maybe the running boards and the roof rack...maybe not.
Hers would be a future baby wagon...probably a Pilot or an Odyssey.

And here is to admitting that I have no testicles.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
csherrill - does it hurt? The lack of testicles, I mean...?

Bubba - I put my deposit down today with EJR's man in california. I am number 4 on their list. Depending on what packages they are getting, mine will be in either the first or second allottment. I did take your advice and told him that I only wanted the bling, the spare cover, the hood protector and the floor/cargo mats, if it came in under $28K with the rest of my options.

NOW THIS IS AN EXCITING DAY!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Don't cry, it will be okay. Personally, I had to get a second job to make it happen. It is possible, it's just all up to you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts