201 - 220 of 244 Posts

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,265 Posts

·
Desert Moderator
6,017 Posts
Update us when you've had a chance to play with it please
Will do - the cable might take upto a month to get here though...

·
Registered
466 Posts
The seat belt chime drove me nuts when I scout or drive on fire roads when hunting. So I just bought the seat belt inserts off ebay. Works great. When I get on the dirt road, off goes my seat belt and in goes my inserts and chime is gone, $10 for both. When I get ready to go on pavement, out goes the inserts (I store them in the dash glove box) and back to the normal seat belt. Works for me.

Of course doesn't eliminate all chimes, but did for the one that drove me nuts the most :)

·
Desert Moderator
6,017 Posts
The seat belt chime drove me nuts when I scout or drive on fire roads when hunting. So I just bought the seat belt inserts off ebay. Works great. When I get on the dirt road, off goes my seat belt and in goes my inserts and chime is gone, $10 for both. When I get ready to go on pavement, out goes the inserts (I store them in the dash glove box) and back to the normal seat belt. Works for me.

Of course doesn't eliminate all chimes, but did for the one that drove me nuts the most :)
Lets see what techstream will allow me to do - Ideally I'd like it to beep 3 or 4 times then stop. I always drive with the belt on whether on road or off road and I insist all my passengers do the same, but sometimes I put something on the passenger seat or the dog sits there & the constant beeping drives me insane. Same goes for the door open while the key is in the ignition - let it beep a couple of times then stop.

·
Desert Moderator
6,017 Posts
OK -- So the cable has arrived and I just installled techstream. Going out to hack my car now...
Wish me luck!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes please let us know.
Please check in the sowftare if you can also read temperature and pressure of all tires, I would really like to confirm that function is available

·
Desert Moderator
6,017 Posts
Yes please let us know.
Please check in the sowftare if you can also read temperature and pressure of all tires, I would really like to confirm that function is available
some technical challenges... The cable drivers wont work on Windows 10 64 bit... AND I'm having some issues getting an activation code for the techstream software.

I won't be able to get the tire details - my FJ doesn't have TPMS - not required in this region.

·
Registered
165 Posts
some technical challenges... The cable drivers wont work on Windows 10 64 bit... AND I'm having some issues getting an activation code for the techstream software.

I won't be able to get the tire details - my FJ doesn't have TPMS - not required in this region.

You could install VMware Player on Win10 and create a Win7 image in VMware Player (with valid Win7 product install key). Install the drivers and run the software on that. You should be good to go.

Cheers

·
Desert Moderator
6,017 Posts
I strongly suggest Win XP, that is what the Techstream software is supposed to run - at least this is what I did.
I think 32 bit win7 is OK. I have an old laptop I can use for that if I can't get it working via vmware or hyperv.
Probably not until the weekend now though...

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
this is still the best method to turn off at least the seatbelt chime...I've tried the seatbelt insert but my remote start/alarm system won't work right , anyway you really don't need to spent anything on these you can just stick a screwdriver into them and engage the sealbelt

·
Registered
372 Posts
Like ppl said you have a few options:

#1 Pull the pins! That is easy as it gets, you can put them back on at any time and the buzzer stays off even after you disconnect and reconnect your battery.
- No wire cutting on this one

#2 Buy the Toyota techstream cable and do the mod via ECU on your PC by accessing the codes to disable the chimes yourself. This purchase has potentially other benefits, such as diagnosing any issues with the FJ. This will cost you about U$40. Has to be redone whenever the battery is disconnected.

#3 Have a dealer to it. Can be free or up to a U$50 depending on your luck or where you take it to. Some dealers might do it, some don't. Has to be redone if battery is disconnected.

Now... I would love to hear from ppl that bought the cable and what advantages they have gotten from it? what other uses and possible programming you've done?

Thanks

:cheers:
And just how do you pull the pins? I've tried everything.

·
Registered
258 Posts

I have it, and tried it, there is no option for it.

I did do many changes like one click to open both doors, and No hazard lights when push the remote wireless.. Also disabled the sound when pressed the remote wireless..

All about Stealth mode
In my 2008 FJC

For the software you must use 32bit windows operating.
It works with win XP and win7 only,,,
For me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
I know this is an old question but just in case it helps anyone else... Yes there is.

I couldn't put the stereo on with the door open because of the chime driving me nuts so I investigated. Behind the panel below the steering wheel is a blue connector... Unplug it and all your chimes are gone!

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/attachments/stereo-electronics-electrical/637418d1452117927-permanently-disable-all-chimes-image.jpeg

I managed it without removing the panel but I'm small and it was very awkward to get at, drop the panel for ease
I did this yesterday, key chime quit, but my seatbelt chime... keeps chiming!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well dang! Looks like I'll be cutting those wires as I can find no one that knows how to remove the pins, and that connector under the dash doesn't shut off the seatbelt chimes! Really didn't want to cut any wires!

·
Desert Moderator
6,017 Posts
Well dang! Looks like I'll be cutting those wires as I can find no one that knows how to remove the pins, and that connector under the dash doesn't shut off the seatbelt chimes! Really didn't want to cut any wires!
Just plug the seat belt in???
If you don't want to wear it for whatever reason, wrap it around the back of the seat...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just plug the seat belt in???
If you don't want to wear it for whatever reason, wrap it around the back of the seat...
I always wear my belt out on the road, but when I'm driving around my property maintaining feeders, cameras, trails or whatever.. getting in and out of the truck, I'm not going to use the belt.. and I sure don't want to wrestle the belt around the back of the seat for a temporary fix.

201 - 220 of 244 Posts