Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
has anyone heard of dog booties for the trails or for hot pavement/rocks? No need here in the grass and mud but Moab and Ouray I hear is different. What are they?

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
they work well if you have a dog with narrow ankles. I've tried several brands and in this case , the most expensive are the best.

Ruffwear dog boots with Vibram soles.

Don't buy the bargain boots they suck!

Be careful in the heat because dogs only sweat from their mouth and feet. No boots in the heat but they necessary on slickrock in the fall, spring, and winter.

Cochise the Boxer uses his chasing me down the hill snowboarding in the winter, and down in moab on the slicks when it's less than 80 degrees:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check with your vet if your pup is a senior. Their cardio can be affected just like people if it's weak. If you live in a lower altitude and go to a higher, you might find yourself a little out of breath, right?

FYI: ginger often works for car sickness if you don't like the chemical thing

Not a vet, I'm an RN, but I have a dog who was born with a heart defect (VSD or hole in one of the interior walls of his heart). He was born dead (yes, they revived him with CPR), probably still shouldn't be around, but he is a hearty 12 years old....I wouldn't chance taking him UP, it could be risky and probably uncomfortable for him. My other dog who is 10....she could go anywhere.

I'm with the rest of you, they are members of the family!

·
Registered
77 Posts
FYI!
Ouray just opened a dog park...on the north end of town along the river....
Also, I have a doggy daycare facility just over the county line in Montrose..right off #550...for anyone who wants safe keeping for their pup during runs..
message me for info!

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
FYI!
Ouray just opened a dog park...on the north end of town along the river....
Also, I have a doggy daycare facility just over the county line in Montrose..right off #550...for anyone who wants safe keeping for their pup during runs..
message me for info!

PM sent.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts