Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Phase 2

3K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Firemedic831 
#1 ·
So I figured I would start a new thread to keep track of my FJ build and everything that comes with it . So phase 2 is all new . New look
New partner
New adventures
New friends

As most of you know I lost Mia just after Christmas. That really was a massive blow and she will never be forgotten. It took me a while and a lot of thought went into if I wanted to get another partner . I had a lot of people reach out to me and I was even on a waiting list for a new puppy but I just did not feel right getting another Black at least not yet . This time I wanted something different so I decided on yellow . Then I decided on a English breed . Once I figured out what I wanted I set out on the search . I learned pretty fast that this was not going to be that easy . I had found 1 but she was pretty far away . I did find out that her dad was pretty close to me , So I contacted the owners to see if I could meet with them . They were very nice and welcomed me to visit . Long story short no wonder I liked them he was the Number 1 lab in the nation . Ouch . So I was kinda in a dilemma I now knew what I wanted and probably would not be happy with anything less . They had told me about someone that had breed to there male but were unsure about anything else . So I found this person and just so happens she had just had a litter and they were 2 weeks old . And she had 2 yellow females 1 black female and 2 male black . I put a deposit down rt then so I got first pick . This was as bad as buying FJ parts. Pay and wait . So I had to wait 5 weeks till I could pick and bring her home . This past Friday I made the trip to start a new adventure with a new friend . All along I was thinking I was going to get her sister. But as soon as I seen them and sat down I knew right away who I would choose. She came right to me . So the Adventure begins with Elsa Although I call her Elsie ( LC )Land Cruiser lol .

As far as the FJ goes it has seen a few changes also .
New look
New parts

I have completely changed the rear suspension to Metal Tech long travel
Resz fab links and panhard
Now on 35 Stt pros
XD 137 fmj wheels
New Trans cooler
New power steering cooler
All new RCI skids
And a ton of other parts .

This Wed we leave for the NW Overland Rally Rally were my FJ will be on display at the Come Up Winch booth . Then we will work our way to Moab . From there we will be at FJ Summit Then working our way back for the Sierra Trek. Then we will be at the Rubithon . After the Rubithon we will take a few weeks then do it all over and be at MCR . This has been really a crappy year for me in many ways so a lot of things I wanted to have done to the FJ got put on hold . The plus side to all of that is it has given me time to really think about what I wanted and Phase 3 is already in the works. But we will save that for later .

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.