Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that some members post photos that are large, like screen width. But when I check the properties of the images they are in a lot of cases smaller than mine. (KB,MB sizes)

Once posted mine can be zoomed in but where is the setting that allows you to start out displaying a larger image??

Here is how mine defaults, you can click on it and zoom. 687KB

IMG_0121.jpg

It can be zoomed to where you have to use the sliders to move around. I would just like to be able to post a pic that looks like the larger image when you just click on it.

Thanks,
Lee

edit: I did change the Image Height and Width in the USER CP, didn't seem to do anything..

·
Registered
879 Posts
I've noticed that some members post photos that are large, like screen width. But when I check the properties of the images they are in a lot of cases smaller than mine. (KB,MB sizes)

Once posted mine can be zoomed in but where is the setting that allows you to start out displaying a larger image??

Here is how mine defaults, you can click on it and zoom. 687KB

View attachment 1081564

It can be zoomed to where you have to use the sliders to move around. I would just like to be able to post a pic that looks like the larger image when you just click on it.

Thanks,
Lee

edit: I did change the Image Height and Width in the USER CP, didn't seem to do anything..
+1. I have the same question. I always post my pics at the 2048 maximum size. Should I scale them down farther to make them fit better on the main scree?

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use Tapatalk to post including pictures and the pictures always show up big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll go to some of your posts and check out the file size.

Thanks, :smile

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1. I have the same question. I always post my pics at the 2048 maximum size. Should I scale them down farther to make them fit better on the main scree?
I wonder if that's the issue, file size..

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Loganbeere Finally getting around to the sizing.

Checked one of your large photos
1292x930
96dpi
24bit

I will post two, before and after resizing. Posted as the same size visually (for me) edit: my Canon Powershot

This one is 4416x2574, 180dpi, 24bit, 7.61mb (did not resize, the size as the forum posted it is 445.1 kb)

IMG_0381.jpg

This one resized to 1280x768, 180dpi, 24bit, 1.00mb

IMG_0381 (1280x798).jpg

I've no idea, obviously the forum does its own thing to them. I'll keep trying :smile

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, this is from my iPhone XR. It does 96dpi.

The first one, no resize. 4032x3024, 72dpi, 24bit, 3.38mb. 687.1 kb when imported.

IMG_0121.jpg

Resize to 1280x960, 72dpi, 24bit, 1.33mb. 1.34mb when imported.

Both still the same visual size on the forum. Wasn't the dpi..

IMG_0121 (1280x960).jpg

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They look full size to me :smile
Maybe its my computer settings. I'll try changing the MS Edge settings.

150% zoom does make everything larger. :smile These old eyes kinda like it :grin

But, yours looked full size at 100% :huh:

I'll go on to do something important like washing Jade.

Thanks,
Lee

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I directly upload thru the forum itself it automatically resizes.

View attachment 1087544
Your first image, doesn't matter which zoom I pick for Edge, it is always a full image that fills the screen.

I've only uploaded through the forum. I'll just be content with what I get :smile and find something else to worry about :grin

Thanks,
Lee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts