Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

641 - 660 of 662 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
This was an entertaining thread! Did the snotty FJ ever actually get built?

Here's my request: Take this thing I did in MS paint and the Discount Tire visualizer and put the graphics on an actual photograph to see whether or not it is worth pursuing (dont worry about the wheels.) If possible also remove front bumperwings (and replace with the blackout panels), replace the running boards with OEM sliders and remove the flares (naked).

Let me know if the pic isn't high enough res.

THANKS in advance!!:grin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
This was an entertaining thread! Did the snotty FJ ever actually get built?

Here's my request: Take this thing I did in MS paint and the Discount Tire visualizer and put the graphics on an actual photograph to see whether or not it is worth pursuing (dont worry about the wheels.) If possible also remove front bumperwings (and replace with the blackout panels), replace the running boards with OEM sliders and remove the flares (naked).

Let me know if the pic isn't high enough res.

THANKS in advance!!:grin

I'm happy to take a stab at this over the next couple of days. Only issue is I can't see the front wings in the photo you posted of your titanium... Can you do a side shot, like the one in the DT visualizer?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm happy to take a stab at this over the next couple of days. Only issue is I can't see the front wings in the photo you posted of your titanium... Can you do a side shot, like the one in the DT visualizer?
I noticed that after I posted the photo- you can't see the bumper...duh.

Here's a better side shot- still not 100% profile but may be easier to work with. Also much higher res.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
SO...i happen to be scrolling through this thread for the heck of it with my wife right next to me. I scroll past my design and she's like, "wait stop. Ugh that's ugly who's doing THAT?!"

:rocker:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dang... As much as I like these wheels I'll probably go with black... Thanks for the help! :grin
I have similar (maybe the same) wheels that you are considering. Mine are Cragar Soft 8. They may require spacers to clear the front calipers. So make sure you do a test fit before mounting the tires.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Much better ;)

I'll see what I can do for you.

Dan
@Jb7710

Maybe we can change her mind...

:blueblob:
Awesome! Thank you! I like it and that's all that matters. Looks great with the bumper and the flares modified! Definitely different, that's for certain!:clap:

·
Registered
59 Posts
saw a TJ brute bed for sale on craigslist so i started thinking what it would look like on the FJ

if some one could clean up my awful cut and paste that would be awesome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
Yea the Aussies have all kinds of awesome 4x4's that aren't even sold here!
V8 Twin turbo Diesel tickle your fancy ?

you could always import one, and it doesn't contain any defeat software to trick the emissions testers.... :rofl:

They are pretty awesome trucks....

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have similar (maybe the same) wheels that you are considering. Mine are Cragar Soft 8. They may require spacers to clear the front calipers. So make sure you do a test fit before mounting the tires.
Thanks! I still haven't decided what to do... Might just wait and get some Methods

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts

:angel :wink>:D

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Can someone photoshop the FN FX Pro wheels (in bronze) on my FJ? Saw a cement with bronze wheels this weekend and thought it looked pretty good. If you really got skills, maybe wrap them with 285/75/17 BFG KM2s?:bigthumb:

Attachments

641 - 660 of 662 Posts