Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got my piaas in the mail and my dad and I installed them this mourning. I must say it was pretty easy, instructions where well detailed and it only took about an hour or less for the complete installation. Here are some pics showing everything step by step. We got the kit from EAtuoworks INc. at around $230 shipped (I live in PR., shipping can be expensive sometimes). I am very pleased with the lights, We did have to make some modifications, like changing the screws so they are not that easy to steal and we also had to disasemble some wiring and the conectors and then put them back together in order to fit them through the fire wall but that’s about it. I can’t wait till night to use them around. Comments are welcomed no flaming please! Thank you!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
And finally the last pics... my dog kept bugging me while I was laying down on the floor doing the wiring lol thought a picture would be funny, and my dad and I, GOOD TIMES!!! thanks dad!! and thank you all :cheers:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Looks good. I'd be interested in seeing a night shot with all the lights on.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Going passed the fire wall with PIAAs can be a pain, cause the thick plastic plug at one end and the switch at the other are pre-attached. Did u cut and reattach yours or just push the plug through the fire wall?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as seen in these pics i took the whole plug apart, i pushed each cable out with a needle and then wraped it around with some electric tape to that same needle and just passed it through a little rubber covered hole in the firewall, then asembled the plug back together, it was pretty easy. It took like 2 min to do that whole step

Going passed the fire wall with PIAAs can be a pain, cause the thick plastic plug at one end and the switch at the other are pre-attached. Did u cut and reattach yours or just push the plug through the fire wall?

Attachments

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ThankS!! I just installed them this mourning! lol ill post pics as soon as night falls, i cant wait! sun sets around 730pm down here its 315pm right now, Will post later tonight

Awesome lookin' lights! How are they at night?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for all the install pics.

·
Registered
471 Posts
are you familiar with working on card...cause if your not that is impressive..was it hard to install by yourself?

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Awesome work. I just got my 520s hooked up this weekend.

FJLights007b.JPG FJLights003b.JPG FJLights006b.JPG FJLights004b.JPG FJLights005b.JPG

1 - 20 of 88 Posts