Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
You are correct.
Thanks, and damn. I like the new wheels on the '08, but I like those goodies from the UP package. I guess I'll have to skip the off-road package and go UP. I was planning on changing out the tires anyway. A dealer called today saying they got more in, but it seems like this first allocation is mostly equipped with the off-road package. More waiting...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks, and damn. I like the new wheels on the '08, but I like those goodies from the UP package. I guess I'll have to skip the off-road package and go UP. I was planning on changing out the tires anyway. A dealer called today saying they got more in, but it seems like this first allocation is mostly equipped with the off-road package. More waiting...
Good luck! For me, the single-disc wasn't really an issue since I plan on putting in a GPS system eventually. I would like the controls on the steering wheel, but I've never had that before so I guess I don't really know what I'm missing. :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would like the controls on the steering wheel, but I've never had that before so I guess I don't really know what I'm missing. :)
I have them on my '06 Honda Pilot, and a 6 CD in-dash and I like it. I would miss it, but I won't miss anything else, not the leather (too hot) or the sunroof (I don't like the sun :)).

Are those different wheels on the '08s?

Are those BFGs on those wheels?
Yes, different wheels if you get the off-road package and they're 16".

And yes, they are BFG Rugged Trail T/A tires, way better than stock the '07 slicks, but not great.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I do wish it was darker, but just me. In the sun it almost looks "flesh" colored...or is that just the picture? I know sometimes colors don't translate well in photos.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I do wish it was darker, but just me. In the sun it almost looks "flesh" colored...or is that just the picture? I know sometimes colors don't translate well in photos.
I think it would probably be fair to say it is kind of flesh colored. The color changes a bit depending on the lighting conditions, too. In the late evening, when the sky is bluer, the yellow in the tan combines with the blue light and gives it a very slight greenish tint.

I really like the color, though it is kind of one of those polarizing factors that people seem to really like or really dislike.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts