Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on a different laptop, so I typed in FJ Cruiser into Google to get here. When the links came up a few images came up as well. There was a yellow FJ at a SEMA type show that was a half cab, roof ended right behind the back seats. Does anyone have more pic.'s of this FJ? Or post up a link to it. I tried a search but came up empty. I know it's a useless modification, but I think it looks cool & want to see more of it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've seen pictures of that one on here before, but I forget where exactly. Maybe search FJ and SEMA on here?

·
Registered
838 Posts
This One?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ivan, That's the one, the one on top. That one on bottom is nasty. I wonder how much it would cost to have a body shop do that job. As stated, it's completely useless, but I really like it. Thanks, got any more?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Toyota had one at the Summit two years ago I think that was that as well as a V8 in it too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I really like the tool storage in those photos! Nice to have just a few necessary sockets set up like that rather than always having to haul around a tool bag or box.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, that's great. Man I'd love to have that, & on top of everything else it's got a supercharged V8. I just like the look of it, wonder if my golf bag would fit in the bed?:lol:

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
What did they do with the spare tire? I guess you could just put it in the bed.
That`s a good question ... It`s a show truck after all.. doesn`t need a spare :lol: But if it was up to me, i would make a mount right behind that back wall, mounting it vertically.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
The reason I sold my pickup truck to get the FJ is because of more interior room. Unless you have a pickup you don't realize that anything in the back gets wet, anything of value can be stolen, hockey gear is cold in the winter, full of snow, etc. If you get a teaunau cover that's fine but then you have limited space, if you get a full height cap then you might as well just have a normal FJ.

I'll take all the dry warm interior room of the FJ and beg a friend for a pickup truck if I really need one anyday.

But it does look cool.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The reason I sold my pickup truck to get the FJ is because of more interior room. Unless you have a pickup you don't realize that anything in the back gets wet, anything of value can be stolen, hockey gear is cold in the winter, full of snow, etc. If you get a teaunau cover that's fine but then you have limited space, if you get a full height cap then you might as well just have a normal FJ.

I'll take all the dry warm interior room of the FJ and beg a friend for a pickup truck if I really need one anyday.

But it does look cool.
X2 I bought a full ton 5'X8' utility trailer if I need to haul anything that won't fit or is too nasty to put in the back.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Thanks, that's great. Man I'd love to have that, & on top of everything else it's got a supercharged V8. I just like the look of it, wonder if my golf bag would fit in the bed?:lol:
Doooood!! As the FJ sits now I have to take my driver out and I can barely fit my golf bag diagonaly in the cargo area, but then I can stack three bags horizontally on that one....with the drivers out!!

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
MY guess that kinda body work and custum sheet metal.. Around 20K! For what differnt look? Show truck? Its not that cool

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Wow, I wouldn't want either of them. One of the many qualities that drew me to the FJ is the 'protected' cargo area that is just my size. Plus the roof rack options!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts