Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody from Colorado Springs!

I picked up my '08 FJ "Trails" Edition tonight from the local Toyota dealer after spending much time here on this forum doing research. Now that I'm an official FJ owner, I just wanted to join up and say hi from Colorado Springs!

I'm really looking forward to doing a lot of camping this summer, and towing my pop-up camper behind my new Toy!

I'm already thinking of a lot of modifications and add-ons I could make, but the first should probably be a Tranny temp gauge and cooler, since my camper can weigh over 4,000 fully loaded and we have some mean hills here in Colorado!

I'm also considering scrapping the standard hitch and putting on a WDH because I have a Fleetwood Evolution E2 popup camper, and the tongue weight is very heavy even without much gear loaded on the front rack.

Look forward to trading info with other FJ owners! I'll attach a picture of my new Rig below, and one of my camper for kicks!

My first question is -- What air filter and oil do you guys run to get the best fuel economy? Is that TRD filter really worth the money or should I go K&N? Synthetic oil, Synth blend, or mineral oil?

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
I love the 08 FJ TT! That white with matte black looks great together! I've got the 07 TRD. The pearl black is nice too :cheers:
Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to learn about your FJ and to get ideas for the mods you want! Be careful though, as I tell all new FJ owners... Once that mod bug hits, it won't go away! So sit back, and enjoy the ride!
That pop-up camper looks cozy! A lot better than my little two-man tent I take with me! Have you seen the FJ roof tent? It's pretty cool! I think it's made by ARB. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Welcome!! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your TT!....:cheers:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotta say I am loving this ride more than any other 4x4 I've ever owned. With the custom paint and rims, etc -- this feels like the Porsche of 4x4's! haha.. Definitely the coolest car you can buy for under $30k.

- Hakrjak

·
Premium Member
17,117 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
congrats and welcome to the gang.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts