41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9,681 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
My guess is it is an aftermarket ebay one that mounts to the stock points...

Looks similar to this one:
Skid Plate front, FJ cruiser 00012-M0870-01

Maybe someone fabricated it.
Thanks for the link. Looks like the previous owner sunk a decent amount of cash in the car, as I can see many of the aftermarket parts on it from the site you posted. I'm still learning what is stock and what has been added.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Can anyone tell me if the wheel well gaps appear stock by looking at these pictures? I don't know if the rear is supposed to be that much bigger than the front or if something was done to the rear for towing by the previous owner.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
The rear looks stock to me. That would be odd to lift the back and not the front. The front def looks stock height.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Nice find - I like the leather seats...congrats on the FJ and welcome to the community :wave: If your anything like most of us, it'll not be long before you're selling the Shelby to finance FJ mods! :clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The rear looks stock to me. That would be odd to lift the back and not the front. The front def looks stock height.

Ok, this pic clearly shows a difference in wheel gap, so I just wanted to make sure. I didn't know if someone may have put stiffer suspension in the rear to handle towing and it caused it to sit higher when not burdened by anything. I'm still learning so perhaps it doesn't work like that. Just made me wonder. :cheers:

Looks like it could be stock height...what size are your wheels and tires though?

18" wheels, 285/60/18 tires.

Nice find - I like the leather seats...congrats on the FJ and welcome to the community :wave: If your anything like most of us, it'll not be long before you're selling the Shelby to finance FJ mods! :clap::clap::clap:
Thanks for the warm welcome. I don't see me going quite so far as to sell the Shelby, but the FJ certainly was the ride of choice when we got 10" of snow dumped on us this week! :lol:

41 - 52 of 52 Posts