Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Stupid question, but does Everytrail work outside of cell phone coverage?
Yep, it uses your phone's GPS chip to track the location so you don't need a cell signal. The only benefit you get from having cell coverage is that it will download the maps for where you're at currently, but since I'm just using it for tracking I don't need the maps that its trying to download.

You will need 4G or wifi to upload the trail (if you took photos), but you can mark the trail to upload later if you don't have sign when you stop tracking.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
*** UPDATED ***

With 2012's trail runs and more pics

·
Registered
263 Posts
I love the pics man. We try to make it to Co. as much as possible. Last summer we drove the Continental Divide from the Canadian border down to Como, Co. Next summer we will start at the Mexican border and head north to Como. If you get a chance, hit Wager Gulch pass. It runs roughly from Lake City almost to Creede. More mines than you can count, and a small ghost town named Carson City. We've talked about making the move there as you did. My wife is a teacher, and I'm also in telecom (35 years). I have done everything from the CO to the set. I've been on the IT and CPE side since 1998. Last summer, we seriously considered buying a lot in Lake City. Hopefully our paths will cross up there one day. Safe travels man!

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm also in telecom (35 years). I have done everything from the CO to the set. I've been on the IT and CPE side since 1998. Last summer, we seriously considered buying a lot in Lake City.
Are you retired? If not and you'd need a job before moving, PM me and I'll set you up with the careers page from my company's website (~11K employees, $6Bn annual in Broomfield).

I'm a software developer on the company's network activation application. We automate all of the TL1 commands to turn up ports, build cross-connects etc. Never done field work but I talk to field/install/provisioning probably 20 times a day.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not retired yet. Still with AT&T but I'm eligible for retirement. It's hard to go back to being low man on the totem pole, and back to 1 week of vacation. If they gave me a good enough incentive, I'd probably do it though. If we lived in CO, I would have weekends there and not need as much vacation! I'll definitely keep your offer in mind. PM sent

·
Registered
72 Posts
Man, I am so jealous. Love your pics. The Ouray - Silverton - Telluride areas are my favorite. I live in Oklahoma and have tried to talk my wife into moving in the past, but I have a good job and a small IT Consulting company. Maybe someday.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Nice update James! Glad to see me a lot :D
I saw we're both doing 9AM Black Bear on Friday (again haha), so more pics to come!

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Nicely done. I recently downloaded that app but forgot to use it last weekend while in Daniel Boone National Forest. I use something similar called Ski Tracks while skiing and one called Mapmyride for mountain biking.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Wow, this site is awesome. Keep posting more adventures.....

Vince

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thread revival here, but damn am I jealous!

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
41 - 60 of 128 Posts