Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
For those of you who have seen the blue FJ in person, does it look good in blue? From the pictures from Greenville, it looks light blue, almost baby blue or sky blue. I hope it looks better or darker in person. I went and looked at scion's black cherry and it looked too purplish. Can anyone help me out and let me know what the shade of the blue FJ looks like in person? It's a big obstacle for me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
marketable said:
For those of you who have seen the blue FJ in person, does it look good in blue? From the pictures from Greenville, it looks light blue, almost baby blue or sky blue. I hope it looks better or darker in person. I went and looked at scion's black cherry and it looked too purplish. Can anyone help me out and let me know what the shade of the blue FJ looks like in person? It's a big obstacle for me.

I have seen every color in person, except black (i saw that on video).

The blue is in reality a little bit darker in person than all of the online photos.
Its not baby blue, its actually more of a lighter hue of royal blue. Its a bold color, no doubt about it.
It is my choice.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
cheaz, how does the black cherry look in person? Is it purplish or does it have more red to it? I know it's the same as the Scion color but I'm thinking it may look different on the Fj...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Its not purple at all.
Its more of a maroon /deep rootbeer red.

What do you have against purple anyway.... were you abused by Barney?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looking at the photo's in the past, I thought that the yellow would be too bright, and I thought that the black cherry was so-so. After seeing the blue, yellow, and black cherry in person, they all look good. Maybe I would have felt different under other lighting conditions, but they all looked better in person than they do in the photo's.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'd agree with that. I only, kinda liked the yellow until I saw it at SEMA. Then I loved it.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I think Barney is actually magenta.
Deep rootbeer red? That's a new one. Well whatever it's called, the color formerly known as Black Cherry will never be on a vehicle I own.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Pancho said:
I think Barney is actually magenta.
Deep rootbeer red? That's a new one. Well whatever it's called, the color formerly known as Black Cherry will never be on a vehicle I own.
I think I'll let you handle my light work from here on out Pancho.

Totally AGREED. Keep your barney purple. It doesn't belong on the FJ. Trade it for Orange before Prat kills a kitten.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok! let me see if i get this right
so that yellow is pretty ................yellow..........spongebob yellow
the blue is blue.........not baby blue..........blue..er
the maroon isn't to purple..........is it more magenta?
the silver doesn't have the contrast for a good feel.
the black is ...........well it a diamond black.......lexus black? no camery black.
and we don't get a green, tan, red or that awsome orange....tangerine?...orange.
actually after one season of cactus and rocks in south texas mines probably going to get undercoating on the entire thing.........and they can do it in colors.
as long as you like black and green.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You might be onto something Jettman:
Black Cherry........Barney
Yellow................Spongebob
Blue...................Smurf

Were they going for a saturday morning cartoon kind of theme here?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts