Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Just "happened" to be in downtown West Palm Beach this afternoon and "happened" ;) to see a couple of FJ Cruisers and a few other 4x4s driving around in the dirt. Here are the pics, unedited, straight from the camera, and in high res. :)

Start here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogert6/sets/72057594087659333/
(Updated to link to photo set start page.)

Looked like they just drove around this grass & dirt area in a convoy, then switched vehicles. Hasn't rained in a few weeks so that sand is pretty dusty.

I've been reading and lurking here for two months, and appreciate all the info. Thanks! I guess it's my turn. Enjoy!

Roger

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
2 FJs...... 1 MT and 1 AT?????

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
just diggin that black darthfj with the steelies - add a roofrack - thinking that's what i want now.....we'll have to see how the pricing goes

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bostonian1976 said:
great pics!! Looks like a magazine comparison test in progress! :)
Good try... but I wouldn't be surprised if the models they are tooling around in are all 4x2's. When I went looking for a 4x4 "Offroad" Xterra in January there were none with a stick in the whole state, and hardly any 4WD versions... dealers all told me they don't sell. Duh, can't sell them if they aren't in your inventory, that's for sure! I don't think South Florida is the place for a 4x4 magazine review. Look closer you might see Toyota t-shirts. :D

Just hoping my dealer actually gets an MT6 model...

Roger

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Awesome pics. Good job. Always wanted to see an JF next to an H3. Had actually considered the H3 before I knew that the FJ was coming out soon.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Roger T said:

Just "happened" to be in downtown West Palm Beach this afternoon and "happened" ;) to see a couple of FJ Cruisers and a few other 4x4s driving around in the dirt. Here are the pics, unedited, straight from the camera, and in high res. :)

Start here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogert6/115971148/
(Once the upload of all 120+ pics is done there will be a photo set generated.)

Looked like they just drove around this grass & dirt area in a convoy, then switched vehicles. Hasn't rained in a few weeks so that sand is pretty dusty.

I've been reading and lurking here for two months, and appreciate all the info. Thanks! I guess it's my turn. Enjoy!

Roger
Tell me about your camera. Your pics are excellent quality.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wolfbak said:
Tell me about your camera. Your pics are excellent quality.
Thanks. Olympus E-300 digital SLR, all these shots were taken with the 40-150mm "kit" lens. Shot at full size JPEG. The autofocus works great on this zoom. I also have the 14-45mm kit lens and just purchased the 8mm fisheye. I started photography way (way) back in high school, with a Canon AE-1, and I bought this camera (mainly for my real estate business) last year because it has the same heft and feel of that unit, plus a whole lot more. (and cheap film, no smelly darkroom, etc etc :)). Not really a "pro" camera but ir works for me.

Took the shots from my '98 Ranger across the street. Just "happened" to have the camera with me too! What a lucky day!

Roger

·
Registered
138 Posts
Very cool pics; thanks. Now I know why my Sun Fusion is taking so long -- it's in Florida. Oh, and what's up with the intruder Xterra?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Roger T said:

Start here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogert6/sets/72057594087659333/
(Updated to link to photo set start page.)

Roger
I keep seeing a lot of yellow FJs on this site, and maybe the color is burning my retinas. The truck is beautiful regardless of the color!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reviewing the number of page views in Flickr, and considering the fact the Sun Fusion was leading the pack and in most of the pictures, I would say most of you are Black (or steel wheel) fans... leaves the yellow for me!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts