Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I got my rims mounted yesterday. Before getting them mounted, I struggled with the notion that I had made the wrong choice, as the links below can attest too.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/wheels-tires/59330-anyone-have-pics-18-ar-mojave-s.html

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/wheels-tires/50121-these-too-bling.html

When I first saw them as they opened the boxes I really liked them. I've now had them for a lil less than 24 hours, but I can't help but feel that they could use to be a little less "chromey". My plans are to do the "silver-blackout" shortly, so that will change how they look in comparison to the rest of the rig.

I work in the automotive industry, and a couple of our cars come standard black chrome rims, but have a bit more of matte finish/clear coat on them. So, I could easily get one of our venders to do that for me. But I could still use some other peoples input to help me make my decision. I have asked a few of my trusted friends already what they think, but they don't think the same way people on this forum do.

Ergo, moreover, I am posting pics on here (sorry, it's raining and I am at work now, so not the best photos) to get some additional feedback. So please, be gentle.

Spec's on rims and tires:

Pro Comp Knight Chrome 9089's 18" x 9"
Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/18/60

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Rims look great! would look even better without the running boards...JMO.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
They don't look "bling" at all. Looks great!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
im sorry this is not the appropriate method bling testing please drop off your new wheels and tire at my office and after extensive testing we will let you know the results by mail

thank you for you understanding of this matter
thugasaur

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have to say, I am really diggin' the "Knight Chrome". Bet they'd look kickass on a TI! Right?? I think someone should photochop those into a Ti and let me drool a little more. Great looking rims! :rocker:

EDIT: I tried it myself in paint and I really need some of these!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think they look good..any problems with calipers, fit, ride, etc..with the aftermarket wheels..did u have to shave anything down?
AM

·
Registered
300 Posts
looking good.

·
Premium Member
17,095 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Those are great lookin. I almost got some Knight Khrome's. But I went a little different look. The bottom line is if you like em thats what counts.

:cheers:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to leave them as is, and see how well they look once I get my demello skid plate and hybrid rock sliders, blacked out borla, and sliver trim black out done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts