Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for putting your second Trail Team Invitational close enough that I could make it :)

I hope that everyone that attended had a good time and walked away with some new off road knowledge. I know this happened to ones that attended Chris's classes.

It was nice to put some faces to forum names, I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet more forum members.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Thanks Terry!!! MORE! MORE! Please...

cheers,

dale

·
Sockless Superstar
11,807 Posts
I didn't get any pics of the run with the trail team, but we went out a bit later to play.

This is TennesseeSquire and MrsTennesseeSquire

I let Matt07FJ drive for a bit, in the hopes that he would fall in love all over again with the FJ and pick one up before Ouray. This is him driving Taira

The Quarry didn't pose much of a problem for either rig.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Thanks guys!!!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ive got a lot of pics so Ill throw up some of the better ones

I went out on the "intermediate" trail, it was fun, nothin to difficult, I only had a few minor problems that a new set of tires couldnt fix.

a nice lil drop off

Sun the group was bigger than Sat, I cant remember how many though. sorry for the blurryness

one of the best parts about this trip for me was how nice, helpful, and dedicated all the trail teams peeps were. this camera man was doin what ever it took to get some cool shots!

I didnt catch the guy in the Taco's name, though his rig was schweeeeet!!

a lil dip to clean it off

the next 300 or so feet of the run freaked me out a lil, a lot of the group didt have a lift and we went through a creek for a decent length, I did the best I could to take a good line but I def heard some metal on rock multiple times

funniest conversation of the weekend
"I cant see the FJ as girly"
"why not shes got a great rack"
"yeah she does have some big headlights..."

a couple of tight spots

and yet again I was the only one on either run I went on with damage

the convoy headin back in

and some sand play to end the day

the "dunes" area gave me the biggest scare Ive ever had in the FJ, I almost put it on its side after coming to the crest of a hill and not seeing the HUGE hole big enough to fit 2 FJs to my right. I was hanging halfway out the window trying to put more weight on the drivers side to keep it from tipping.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didnt catch the guy in the Taco's name, though his rig was schweeeeet!!

That was was Carl St. Clair and his wife from Outback Offroad Gear. He's got a nice 80 too.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
great pictures, looks like you people had a blast

·
Registered
547 Posts
Great pics, Bone. Did the CB work out all right?
Thanks Dragon!!! yeah the cb was great!! and I was usin it a lot, it made the runs a lot of fun, listening to the trail teams guys chattin ect :rofl: a couple of them got really confused who was talking to who and then forgot what they were talkin about trying to figure out who was out there... I may have added to the confusion a lil... :wave:

Thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
GREAT pictures from the event. That looks like a place I'd really like. Maybe next year.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
GREAT pictures from the event. That looks like a place I'd really like. Maybe next year.
Matt, you'll just have to make the east coast invitational this year :)

·
Registered
596 Posts
This was my first organized event and only my second time wheeling. I had a great time and learned a ton! I wish I could have stayed for longer than a few hours but the trip was definitely worth it. Thanks so much to everyone who made this possible!

the "dunes" area gave me the biggest scare Ive ever had in the FJ, I almost put it on its side after coming to the crest of a hill and not seeing the HUGE hole big enough to fit 2 FJs to my right. I was hanging halfway out the window trying to put more weight on the drivers side to keep it from tipping.
I can attest to this...I watched in my rear-view as both driver's side wheels came off the ground. Nice save!

A few of my pics....

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
This was my first organized trail run. We had a blast! Unfortunately we were only there a few hours. Left St. Louis at 7am, drove there, wheeled, drove home and in bed by midnight only to get up for work at 5am! What a day! A special thanks to all the Trail Teams members who really went out of their way to put on a show! Way beyond what i had expected.

Here are a few of the photos I took...

·
Registered
547 Posts
now thats some mud!!! was that on fri? cause I know that some of the TT guys were sayin it was pretty sloppy on fri. Oh and I like that bumper its a good look :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts