Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1428 Posts

·
トヨダ Master
5,509 Posts
I just got back Saturday night from our cabin in Montana. Our beloved pup, Echo died Monday evening from Anaphylaxis. She had a previous bee sting last year which started this process, and must have gotten into another one, causing this chain reaction. By the time we figured out she was sick and got her to a town, it was too late and with arms wrapped around her, she took her last breath. Lungs full of fluid and swollen heart. I always knew she had a big heart but I didn't want to see it on the X-Ray. A few of you have met her and even played with her. She was just about 2 1/2 years old and still had much life in her until this. She will truly be missed.

Attachments

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
Very sorry to hear that Will.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
I just got back Saturday night from our cabin in Montana. Our beloved pup, Echo died Monday evening from Anaphylaxis. She had a previous bee sting last year which started this process, and must have gotten into another one, causing this chain reaction. By the time we figured out she was sick and got her to a town, it was too late and with arms wrapped around her, she took her last breath. Lungs full of fluid and swollen heart. I always knew she had a big heart but I didn't want to see it on the X-Ray. A few of you have met her and even played with her. She was just about 2 1/2 years old and still had much life in her until this. She will truly be missed.
:crying. Damn man. That is way too young to lose a pup. It's never long enough, but damn. My condolences to you and your family.

·
Registered
879 Posts
She was beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I just got back Saturday night from our cabin in Montana. Our beloved pup, Echo died Monday evening from Anaphylaxis.
The loss of a loyal dog is one of the most painful things a man can experience. Especially for you with Echo, who should have had the opportunity to grow old by your side. You will remember her, and how she passed, for the rest of your life.

I know you will open your home to another dog, not as a "replacement" for Echo, but as a new friend and companion. Your next dog will bring you a new set of shared experiences and memories, to add to all the memories of all your dogs, past, present and future.

My Lab Sophie, my faithful companion for 13 years, passed last year, and I don’t think any other event in my life affected me as deeply. For a year I teared up every time I saw a photo or video of her, and my eyes are damp as I write this.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Very sorry for the loss of echo...I remember when you first posted about him...real sad..good looking dog.
:frown

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is Opal. Opal loves off road trips in the FJ.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
CC so very sorry about your lose . As you may know I lost Mia at Christmas and that was a HUGE blow . I will never forget her . I decided to try again though . ( there are moments that I ugggg but she is turning into a great friend. Everyday we get a little closer . Elsie is her own being and time will tell what direction we go but for know I am happy to have a new friend .

Attachments

·
トヨダ Master
5,509 Posts
The loss of a loyal dog is one of the most painful things a man can experience. Especially for you with Echo, who should have had the opportunity to grow old by your side. You will remember her, and how she passed, for the rest of your life.

I know you will open your home to another dog, not as a "replacement" for Echo, but as a new friend and companion. Your next dog will bring you a new set of shared experiences and memories, to add to all the memories of all your dogs, past, present and future.

My Lab Sophie, my faithful companion for 13 years, passed last year, and I don’t think any other event in my life affected me as deeply. For a year I teared up every time I saw a photo or video of her, and my eyes are damp as I write this.
Very sorry for the loss of echo...I remember when you first posted about him...real sad..good looking dog.
:frown
CC so very sorry about your lose . As you may know I lost Mia at Christmas and that was a HUGE blow . I will never forget her . I decided to try again though . ( there are moments that I ugggg but she is turning into a great friend. Everyday we get a little closer . Elsie is her own being and time will tell what direction we go but for know I am happy to have a new friend .
I know we will have more in the years to come. We still have 2 C0cker Spaniels too. We always rotate a 3rd in so that there are always 2. This makes it easier for the middle dog typically. My loss is greater this time because this was the 1st dog that I actually researched, sought out, and picked out for myself, not so much for the family. Our bond was very strong and I thought of her as my best friend. I went through the same emotions as when I lost my father at 10 years old, but this time as an adult, so I'm dealing with it differently. I have never dealt with the loss of someone extremely close to me since my father, so it is a struggle, but I'm getting through it one day at a time.

I'm giving myself the same advice that I gave @IDFJ when his beloved passed not long ago. It's been a month now and it helps. @FJtest, I'm sorry for the loss of your Sophie. Is that the one you've posted in here a few times? @Firemedic831 , I'm sorry for the loss of your Mia also, Elsie is very pretty!

Thanks to all for your condolences and kind words.

\/ \/ \/ "waiting for me to throw another snowball"

Attachments

1381 - 1400 of 1428 Posts