Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1443 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I know we will have more in the years to come. We still have 2 C0cker Spaniels too. We always rotate a 3rd in so that there are always 2. This makes it easier for the middle dog typically. My loss is greater this time because this was the 1st dog that I actually researched, sought out, and picked out for myself, not so much for the family. Our bond was very strong and I thought of her as my best friend. I went through the same emotions as when I lost my father at 10 years old, but this time as an adult, so I'm dealing with it differently. I have never dealt with the loss of someone extremely close to me since my father, so it is a struggle, but I'm getting through it one day at a time.

I'm giving myself the same advice that I gave @IDFJ when his beloved passed not long ago. It's been a month now and it helps. @FJtest, I'm sorry for the loss of your Sophie. Is that the one you've posted in here a few times? @Firemedic831 , I'm sorry for the loss of your Mia also, Elsie is very pretty!

Thanks to all for your condolences and kind words.

\/ \/ \/ "waiting for me to throw another snowball"
It'll get a little better with the passage of time. For me, it took about three months for the constant hurt and sorrow to ease up a little. I still tear up thinking about Jack, but it is not every day and it is not as severe. Little things will unexpectedly trigger a memory that will cause a few tears, but most of the time they are not entirely sad tears. A mix of emotions to be sure. Also, taking in our foster dog about 6-7 weeks ago has undoubtedly helped the healing process.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
O man. That just is not what I wanted to see . I am sooo sorry. I do not even have words . I am so very sorry Ketchup.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
"We're goin' campin' again!"

Attachments

·
トヨタ Master
5,787 Posts
Come on folks, I'm having dog withdrawals. I know it's hard to always get pics with the FJ but maybe we can just post people's dogs?

Attachments

1401 - 1420 of 1443 Posts