Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post pictures of this bumper on their FJ ( aside from website pics )? Seems to be pretty rare, but i like it. Looks like an ARB, but without the weight. I'd like to see the front, how hight the corners go. Not a fan of cleared out tube like bumpers, i like the more closed look of ARBs, but they weight alot and i'm trying to keep it light. Price is attractive too ;)

BTW Tactical Armor Group (TAG) is the new name of Kennesaw Mountain Accessories.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
After a bad PR storm it's a good idea to re-brand and hope no one connects you with your past, or if someone buys a company that has a less-than-perfect record they may change the name.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow thanks for the heads up, guess i'll stick with ARB then

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Anyone know of other bumpers that are similar ? I know ARB ( but find them very heavy ) and Body Armor that looks like it, any others ? I'm not a fan of tube bumpers and very "front open" ones. Plus i'm not sure it would be legal on the highway up here , and with all the stuff they put on roads in the winter time here, it would'nt be pretty....

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
KMA was gaining customers over on the Nissan forums b/c they offered solid bumpers with a good price and customer service. they were a better option than Shrocks which was a 6-8 month wait for basically anything Nissan. Initially there were a lot of happy customers. For whatever reason KMA's work and cs started to go downhill, and they lost any momentum that they worked hard to build.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I, too, have considered TAG for a bumper, but have been a little skitish based on some stories about them. Their price is really good and I live close enough to pick it up and save the 160 dollar shipping.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Any update? I emailed them and got a reply within minutes.

They confirm that the front bumper will keep airbags operational and that the rears will keep the back up sonar operational.

Price can't be beat for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Birch , after doing a search on them i decided not to buy. Stories of very long delays and bad workmanship made me go away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts