Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and can't find any pictures of the area under the cupholders in a 6-spd. I can find automatic pics showing the shift linkages and all, but is there anything under there in a manual? Does anyone have some pics?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've searched and can't find any pictures of the area under the cupholders in a 6-spd. I can find automatic pics showing the shift linkages and all, but is there anything under there in a manual? Does anyone have some pics?
I saw a CB install thread that showed the 6 speed It looked pretty empty besides the E-brake stuff

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what I'm wanting to do, but I'm trying to plan ahead a little and see some pics under there before I remove everything.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Try to look up a thread which involves the TRD or URD quick shifter.

You have to lift that particular assembly to install them.

One should be around in the "Technical Articles" section.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey if you're going to install that Cobra I would advise not to even bother. After thinking about doing the same thing and doing some research that CB isn't very good. I'm looking at a full size now like a connex or general lee. The whole purpose for offroaders is to get out if you're in a jam. If you have a crappy CB what's the point?

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Hey if you're going to install that Cobra I would advise not to even bother. After thinking about doing the same thing and doing some research that CB isn't very good. I'm looking at a full size now like a connex or general lee. The whole purpose for offroaders is to get out if you're in a jam. If you have a crappy CB what's the point?
I decided I am going to replace my factory stereo with a 1din unit and install a full size CB in the extra 1din space. But as far as getting out of a jam, CB's have a very limited range. Because most of my off-road trips are solo, I will be getting a radio technician license and installing a mobile HAM radio.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, no Cobra. Now that I've taken some measurements, I think I'm going to cut a hole between the cup holders and recess the radio straight down. I've got enough room that only the face of the CB will be sticking up. All I've got to do then is remote mount the internal speaker and hook up the external speaker output to the stock stereo Aux. input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts