Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Avic Z2 headunit and want to add Bluetooth. I see that Pioneer came out with a new unit that actually downloads all the information from the phone, however it doesn't list the Z2 as compatible?

Here is the link: Pioneer USA - Accessories

It says it will work with all "Bluetooth Ready" headunits...I thought the Z2 was bluetooth ready?

It also says that the unit can be used through the IP-BUS but with limited features (which makes purchasing the more expensive one pointless)

Any input? Thanks!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have the Avic Z2 headunit and want to add Bluetooth. I see that Pioneer came out with a new unit that actually downloads all the information from the phone, however it doesn't list the Z2 as compatible?

Here is the link: Pioneer USA - Accessories

It says it will work with all "Bluetooth Ready" headunits...I thought the Z2 was bluetooth ready?

It also says that the unit can be used through the IP-BUS but with limited features (which makes purchasing the more expensive one pointless)

Any input? Thanks!
Beware of any product that says it will download the information from the phone to the unit. Often you'll see an asterisk after, and just because a phone is compatible with the bluetooth unit does not mean that it will DL the phone book info.
In my experience very few phones, typically motorolla, and nokia do the best job will DL your phonebook into the unit.

So when looking, make sure that you don't just find out if the phone is compatible, but also the level of compatibility.

I know it doesn't answer the question, but maybe it helps a little.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Then again, JT, your Parrot you installed in my truck said I had to DL each contact individually....to our PLEASANT surprise, it synced perfectly with the phone!

I suggest getting the Parrot MK3100 from JT. Best thing I've done yet! And I got rid of that STUPID Bluetooth ear piece....:D

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I just finished preparing the FJ harness for the Parrot Bluetooth from FJCruiserAudio.
It will be my weekend project to install the MK6100 to my (older model, E7003) Toyota OEM Navigation unit.

I hope that the install will go smoothly.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
The Parrot MK 6100 is installed and working great. The wiring harness from JTCruiser/fjcruiseraudio simplifies the installation and made it easier.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Installation and pictures;

The center console bezel and the Navigation unit removed.

Inserted the Parrot/JTCruiser (FJcruiseraudio) wiring harness in between the factory harness and amplifier.

The end of the Parrot/JTCruiser (FJcruiseraudio) wiring harness was routed to the driver side compartment where the Parrot controller will be mounted.

Routed the cable for the Parrot display screen along the edge of the headliner/windshield and attached the screen to the rearview mirror with double sided 3M tape.

Paired it with my phone and I'm all set. Now I'm compliant with the new CA law.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Here is where I mounted the Parrot remote. I covered the alarm LED indicator (barely visible anyway) LED hole.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
I stuck my remote on the steering wheel on the right side, opposite the steering wheel audio controls. It gets in the way a little bit, but not so bad I can't steer. I want to find a better place for it eventually.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I stuck my remote on the steering wheel on the right side, opposite the steering wheel audio controls. It gets in the way a little bit, but not so bad I can't steer. I want to find a better place for it eventually.
I thinking about removing the clock and mount the parrot screen/microphone in that location.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Oooh, good idea! I really want to see pics of that install!!
I'll attempt to relocate the Parrot screen/microphone this weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts