Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace an older Pioneer head unit that I have.

I am looking at the MVH-8200. I like that is has "no moving parts" I am replacing my old unit casue there is sand in the cd player and the unit no longer works. My old unit does not have ipod capabilitied.

In any case, can I use my current single din install kit for the new receiver? Will I need a new wiring harness?

I rearched the web for install parts for this new unit and the fj cruiser and I could not locate any info. I hate ordering something only to find out I need more parts to install

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
All of the Pioneers I've ever owned had the same holes on the sides to screw in the install kit. Your wiring harness will have to be separated where you spliced the old head unit's wiring harness to it (most likely). Heck, sometimes when I've upgraded units, they still use the same wiring plug into the unit. Is your old head unit a single DIN as well? If so, you should be fine.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Out of curiosity, where are you getting it from? I know Crutchfield has two versions of it starting at $200 with free shipping and it includes the install kit and wiring harness with it anyway. Pioneer MVH-P8200BT Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com
That's a good price. Best buy has it in sale for 269. I also need an external hard drive for my pc and I have a few gift cards for Bb, so ill probably buy it there. I'm excited and let you all know how it is if you all want.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts