Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spent a week camping up near San Luis Obispo and did some beach/sand driving. Pretty crowded for Independence weekend, but cool to drive on one of the few legal beaches in Cali. The FJ performed well in the soft sand. Recommend air down if leaving the packed sand near the water line.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That place is usually packed. It is such a large place, possibly not a lot of campers but daytime is usually crowded. I heard there's an annual FJ trip called turf and surf for Landcruisers and Toyota's but there's a big FJ crowd if you want to go out there again in October.

Thanks for the info. Even though it was crowded, it was a fun drive. One impatient driver passed me on the soft sand and got stuck up to his axles as I steadily overtook him once again. Maybe fewer jerks in October.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I have been to 3 of the Surf and Turf events back in the day and it was amazing. Upwards of a 100 FJs and everything else toyota. Driving in the dunes is a blast and we had the jump competition :)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Pismo is fun as long as its not on the weekend. It is just too crowded on Friday and Saturday. Way too many kids on quads riding around in the dunes. I generally try to get a Monday and Tuesday off work and go out.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I've been there since I got my FJ in 2014. And I will definitely come again this year. It's the Toyota 4x4 community, particularly the FJ group that makes the event attractive for me.

DSC_8007 by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

Untitled by Ramon Flores, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
@Sanderhawk will you try to make it out this year if you're schedule agrees? I heard the group usually votes on the date. Haven't been to one yet, but I'm going to try to make it this year
I couldn`t say yes or no right now. I would have to see the dates and then check the schedule. I would like to go its been awhile :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts