Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last weekend my wife, our Pug puppy and I hit Pismo for the day. It was the 4th time I'd been there with as many vehicles, and I wasn't sure how the FJ would do. I watched as a Chevy truck, a Jeep Wrangler and some Ford SUV got severly stuck in the soft sand, and I hesitated going out at all.
Well, let me say I am SO impressed with the FJ and its ability to run dunes/soft sand.
Not only is it a blast to drive dunes, but it's especially good to know the vehicle you're driving doesn't have any intention on digging itself in to the sand.
One observation...I need more ground clearance! (I can't right now ... I don't fit in my garage in LA...But note the nifty mini-rack with Yakima accessories ;) ...which is still lower than the stock rack).
I'd like to go back soon!
:bigthumb: FJ!

And a Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOuQuHtxm7g

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Cool shots. I'll be there in November!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice Pix! And video too. Did you camp on the beach? It looks like lots of fun.

FJDunkball

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a sucker for dune/beach driving. Another incredible place to do it is Cape Hatteras, NC.
No we didn't camp this time, but we've done it at Pismo and it's a blast.
For anyone that can make it to Pismo, it's definitely a fun way to spend the day.
Hey, my FJ got dusty that day! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you all go back to pismo I would recommend eating at huckleberry's. I had great food and it had a nice southern atmosphere. It is in pismo right off the 1 right next to the Shell gas station I believe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts