Votes: 8 19.5%
  • East in May 2012

Votes: 8 19.5%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here are the options for the Canadian summit. Please choose if you would prefer,

1: West in September 2011
2: East in September 2011
3: West in May 2012
4: East in May 2012

These are based on what I can see most people have showed an interest in.

Also if you know of any outstanding trails you think we should visit in your chosen region please post some pix or links for us to check out. Although votes for one region or another will make up the main decision of location, if there is a compelling reason to visit an other area a truly awesome trail would be it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
whipsaw...... easy as that .Not to busy in sept id say 2nd weekend should be busy almost bug free ,and just miss the snow. Its a nice drive in either way all services close buy and amazing place to wheel simple trail for all levels of people.

Waiparous would be my 2nd vote never been but a bit of everything from my understanding. Would guess the same time would be close to the same conditions ?

·
Registered
729 Posts
isnt whipsaw a multi day trail? Is it still open? I read some place that it was being closed.
Can easily run it one day if you want to,but 2 days will let you run it and stop for all the site's lots of camping along the way......figured it would be a couple of days for this anyway?

havent heard anything about it being closed

·
Registered
350 Posts
I didn't vote above, my vote is for west, either time but I am locked into work Sept - June (teacher) and would only be able to swing a weekend in May or Sept unfortunately. :cheers:

·
Registered
133 Posts
So here are the options for the Canadian summit. Please choose if you would prefer,

1: West in September 2011
2: East in September 2011
3: West in May 2012
4: East in May 2012

These are based on what I can see most people have showed an interest in.

Also if you know of any outstanding trails you think we should visit in your chosen region please post some pix or links for us to check out. Although votes for one region or another will make up the main decision of location, if there is a compelling reason to visit an other area a truly awesome trail would be it.
You really should pm as many members from the canadian forum as you can. Also, you may want to put up post on the local forum (FJCruisersontario, quebec, canada, etc.)

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Don't forget us U.S. folks!!! I might be interested. I am planning to go to the FJ Summit in Colorado this year so it might be tight to make it in 2011 but 2012 is another story.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have not forgotten the US ether. :simmadown::lol:

I put the poll up here as its the most central site that most FJ'ers know about. feel free to pass the word and get those votes in. I will be posting in all the forums I can over then next few days so we can get as many people as we can in the know.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
I have not forgotten the US ether. :simmadown::lol:

I put the poll up here as its the most central site that most FJ'ers know about. feel free to pass the word and get those votes in. I will be posting in all the forums I can over then next few days so we can get as many people as we can in the know.
:flame: ----------------> :cool: Ok, I am better now.

I thought with the name 'Fidel' you might have a bias against us. :rofl:

Anyway, I voted for the West 2012. That is just based on going having gone to Vancouver. So if you don't want me to show up, vote for another date. :lol:

Side note: Support Serena Ryder. Tweet/Follow her at @serenaryder

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no, nothing against US citizens, lets not let this turn in to a political thing eh:cheers:

Can someone please post a link to this on the Quebec forum, my french is so bad I could not even get registered :lol:

Keep the votes coming in people

·
Registered
284 Posts
I vote for the west....simply because that is where I live.
Although I might not be able to make it as school age children will be in school that time of year and they need all the schooling they can get...:read:....or they may turn out like me.:lol:

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In depth Whipsaw info ----> Whipsaw Trail - Overland Routes

. . . but you'll need to come up with more than that for a Canadian Summit.
Whipsaw is a really nice trail from all accounts, but I don't think there are any more on par with it in that area. I would love to run that trail (in fact I may do it in mid may on may way to Victoria) but as you say we would need more than just that for a summit.

·
Registered
729 Posts
whipsaw is 2 days relaxed driving with lots of trails around that area there is 3 ways in and lots in between, can easily turn this into a week long trip if you choose

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
whipsaw is 2 days relaxed driving with lots of trails around that area there is 3 ways in and lots in between, can easily turn this into a week long trip if you choose
If someone can reccy' that area for other trails and provide some details on the surrounding towns and amenities we could sure consider it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
ill look for the link bc4x4 does ...they got a run that goes for a week, along that trail system ,will see what i can find over the next couple days......

1 - 20 of 32 Posts