Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Yeah, only two obstacles, so it doesn't really compare to the con's number of obstacles. Hopefully it will open though. Last year at this point it was closed with not much confidence of it opening, and it still did. At the top it had a huge snow pile, but there was a path through it.
maybe we can just drive in to the two big obstacles and then drive back out the way we came :D

I thought the slide was on corkscrew...

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
In any event, we will find somewhere to go and have some fun. If we can run up part of it and come back, that will work or just find another trail in the area. Its not like there aren't any other trails around, right?

·
Registered
820 Posts
**Update**

As of July 7, 2008

*Be aware that passes can vary with weather this time of year. Some may be slick in areas, even if they are listed as accessible. We don't receive as many updates from the county or field staff this time of year. Please don't go beyond where you are comfortable driving. It is always good to carry chains with you at this time of year. Be safe out there!

BLACK BEAR PASS – Closed and won't be open until as late as August 1, but possibly as early as mid-July.
BOLAM PASS – Open
CALIFORNIA – Open

CINNAMON PASS – Open
CUNNINGHAM GULCH – Open
CORKSCREW PASS – East side open to top, west side closed for maintenance.
ENGINEER PASS – Open
HURRICANE PASS - Open County is going to plow to top in a few days.
IMOGENE PASS - Open
KENNEBEC PASS – Open
LOBO OVERLOOK – Closed
MAGGIE GULCH -- Open
MINERAL POINT– Open
MINNEHAHA (Road 110) – Open
MINNIE GULCH -- Open
OPHIR PASS – Open
PICAYUNE- Open
PLACER- Open
POUGHKEEPSIE - Closed, should be open by August 1, but possibly as early as July 15.
ROARING FORK – Open
SCOTCH CREEK – Open
STONY PASS – Open, but be cautious crossing Pole Creek.
TREASURE MOUNTAIN LOOP – Open

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Perfect day to run around and stick "Is gay" stickers under everyones forum names:rofl:
Busted...

Ya made the mistake of saying you were gonna do it. I should do it to everyone, and then you'll get blamed!

Oops, just busted myself... <sigh> I'll learn, someday...

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
maybe we can just drive in to the two big obstacles and then drive back out the way we came :D

True on the first point. Mineral creek it shows as open, so we'll at a minimum be able to access the first obstacle. I'm sure the wall is accessible too, it was still pretty low if I remember correctly. It wasn't until lake como that we saw snow. And certainly coming back down the way we came after the wall would be much faster than going all the way around corkscrew gulch.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Perfect day to run around and stick "Is gay" stickers under everyones forum names:rofl: I'm also of the mindset that one less trail means a few more beers and freinds.:rocker:
STock up on pink panties HUGE ones too:D :rofl:

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
I think I read somewhere that there was a big slide.

DUDE!!!! There is a slide!!! Any swing sets?

We ran up halfway and back last time as pass was pretty rough last year...still fun.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts