Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, as I am getting closer to be breaking even on the trade in value of my current car, and start parting her out.

that said, on the money raised with parts sold, i'm building a list of parts i'll need for the FJ.. here are a few questions:

1) I will be getting a new nav system, one of the higher end Pioneers.. Question is: Do I need a fit kit or can I just screw the unit in?

2) has anyone seen or heard this exhaust?
Thoughts?

3) thoughts on these headers?

4) Plan on getting 285s.. but.. need to figure out what brand and model. Out of your guy's experience, is it worth having summer and winter sets or this car is good with the all season rubbers?

I plan on going with an Auto... is there anything I need to know about parts fitment or lack of benefits (I know, toyota cars are pretty much tuned to get the best out of the exhaust/intake set up, not so sure on trucks)

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
1) I will be getting a new nav system, one of the higher end Pioneers.. Question is: Do I need a fit kit or can I just screw the unit in?
Check Pioneers website, they should have the fit kit w/part # listed, if needed. You'll need to know the model number of the HU your planning on getting.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they don't list correct info, usually.
Say, for my current build they suggest straight mount.. and, it is far cry from straight mount (have to actually order parts from japan)..
So far, the plan is to go with AVIC-Z130BT
After looking at the threads on here, where people rip their interiors apart, I doubt I need a fit kit, just want to make sure that I double check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts