Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Don't forget the toilet paper! I did that once. Up to my ass in plenty of toothpaste, but no toilet paper. Mrs. FJ in PDX wasn't amused.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,837 Posts
Toilet paper in a zip lock bag in the cup holder on the suicide door on the passenger side, some in the survival bag, at least one in the drawer, and a couple floating around behind the seats. I also carry wet wipes in the drivers side suicide door, in my bag, and usually have a pack on the passenger floor too. I used to camp with Mom and Sis, did trails with a lot of ladies and kids, and helped my nephews Scout troop so I found it's better to be prepared with the TP.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Oh it wll be rotopax for sure! I've been looking at the ex-rear swingout and am trying to figure out if i can mount 2x 4 gallon rotopax cans on each side of the tire.Got the molle bags and plenty of storage in the cargo area!! I think the rest might have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
here's a good example right here locally Chris has a great looking rig :rocker:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/expedition-one/155759-rotopax-cans-mounted-expedition-one-rear-swing-out.html

oh...i wasn't implying that going alone was stupid believe me i've done 4 day solo backpack trips on the PCT in the Sierras.....just saying it's nice to have another vehicle since i thot i read somewhere you were new to the 4X4 thing....
:cheers:

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Oh it wll be rotopax for sure! I've been looking at the ex-rear swingout and am trying to figure out if i can mount 2x 4 gallon rotopax cans on each side of the tire.
Got the molle bags and plenty of storage in the cargo area!! I think the rest might have to wait.

Lol, I hear ya! I don't have any of that stuff yet myself but I make due :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Lol, I hear ya! I don't have any of that stuff yet myself but I make due :)

I was always told growing up "you can have anything you want in this world... But you cant have everything." We all gotta make due somewhere!

TP everywhere! Sounds smart! And babywipes... Quite refreshing!

Thanks for the link Dave(man). That last picture is what i want to do on boh sides of the spare!

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
What's up with the RR trail plans FJFred was wrangling together?

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,837 Posts
I think he mentioned that he had some problems or something.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
So it was decided tonight that me and my buddy are going to plan out a 7-9 day excursion off the beaten path. I'm not sure what region we will be going to yet and I've never been on a trip quite like this. Does anyone have any favorite places to try and route into the plan. Or any tips as far as going off the grid for a week?
Thanks for any inout! I'm freakin excited!!
Get a paper map to the San Rafael Swell, pick out a point, name, formation, road that sounds interesting and seek it out. That will eat up a week quick! Same can be done in the Capitol Reef and Grand Staircase-Escalante areas. Don't rely on your gps to show you where to go, just let it trace your steps or be a quick reference.

There is this Expedition Utah coming up on the 21st, as long as we are still alive. :cheers:

What: Freeze Your Tail Off 4
When: December 21st - 22nd
Where: The Sun Tunnels

Who: Anyone interested in freezing out in the west desert to have a chance seeing the sun rise through the Sun Tunnels for the winter solctice.

Details:
This is Expedition Utah's fourth annual Freeze Your Tail Off campout! we will be meeting at the gas station in Delle [Map] at 6:00pm on Friday, December 21st. From there we will caravan to the Bonneville Speedway exit off I-80 [Map]. This is your last chance for gas, if you need it. After topping off our tanks we will caravan to the Sun Tunnels [Map].

Once we reach the Sun Tunnels, we'll pitch camp and get a fire going! Everyone is encouraged to bring wood, as it will be COLD out there!

In the morning, if you're able, try to wake up for the sunrise as it shines through the tunnels, it really is a sight to see. After everyone has thawed a little and is ready to get moving again we will split into two groups. One that heads up over the old Transcontinental Railroad grade back towards Brigham City and another down around the Silver Island Mountains and Wendover again.

So if braving the cold for a night sounds entertaining to you (and we hope it does!) please post up so that we know who's going!

Here is a trip report I did of the same run from 2010..... http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/trail-report-photo-section-gps-coordinates/120636-sun-tunnels-transcontinental-rr-around-great-salt-lake.html ...Only had 10-12 rigs then, this year expected about 50+. However, I'm sure that number may change due to attrition.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
been kicking around doing the tunnels for winter solstice on the 21/22 myself saw it on RME....
I bet that place will be freaks galore, similar to Burning Man on 12/21/2012 :rocker:

I'll be on a deserted island LOL

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
What's up with the RR trail plans FJFred was wrangling together?

The thread kinda died so I figured no one really wanted to go... But Im game to go somewhere!!!! Now that I have that map book I know some trails!

My new years resolution is to go on every trail in that book!! :rocker:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I bet that place will be freaks galore, similar to Burning Man on 12/21/2012 :rocker:

I'll be on a deserted island LOL

Not too many people brave the cold of the Winter Solstice, now going out there for the Summer Solstice is another story, that's when you find the real dirty hippies. :cheers:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts