Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through the "How to Paint your wheels" thread. I would really like to do it when the weather breaks. I'm thinking Gun metal grey. I think the only thing that would stop me from doing it is, What if I end up not liking it? Or change my mind after awhile? I guess once it's done, it's done & there's really no going back. It's not a reversible thing is it? I guess the best thing to do is find a 2nd set of rims. OK useless post.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
What kind of wheels are they? If they are the alloys I have zero idea, but if they're steelies, I don't see why you couldn't use some type of chemical paint stripper. Even if the chemical takes off the factory powder coat (which I doubt) just paint them black. Now with all that said, you could always paint over your first paint job.

·
Registered
7 Posts
maxx - did you ever get them painted?

I am headed to a couple body shops next week to get quotes on painting my 16" alloys from the offroad package black, along with my mirrors + door handles + grill - i am leaving my bumper out because i plan to change that out pretty soon as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts