Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hot Springs does have some good food, from what I hear... it's one of those "historical" towns, who's claim to fame is hospitality (the bath houses were HUGE with the rich people & gangsters early in the last century)....
If we have a good camp to come home to, I don't see a reason why we shouldn't cruise into town for dinner and some fun!
One of the best parts of the Ozarks Adventure was convoying through populated areas!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Hot Springs does have some good food, from what I hear... it's one of those "historical" towns, who's claim to fame is hospitality (the bath houses were HUGE with the rich people & gangsters early in the last century)....
If we have a good camp to come home to, I don't see a reason why we shouldn't cruise into town for dinner and some fun!
One of the best parts of the Ozarks Adventure was convoying through populated areas!
I can see you are really a "parade whore", aren't you!!!:thinkerg::rofl:

Jax':wave:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I know lunch is on the trail but has anyone thought about dinner? In the past we went into town, but we have never camped before. What is everyone thinking?
I'm thinking pizza, fish, bbq, and/or anything else I see driving down the street. I can cook something at the tent, but I really would like to go into the big city, unless I can't see to drive in the big city!!:surprise

What about the rest?????
Hot Springs does have some good food, from what I hear..
What is everyone else thinking on evening meals?????????:|

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I installed my long travel so I am ready to go. Hopefully we don't cancel this trip. I might end up going anyways if we do.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
I installed my long travel so I am ready to go. Hopefully we don't cancel this trip. I might end up going anyways if we do.
I would love to see that long travel in action!

However, there are several things working against this weekend so far. Father's Day next Sunday, lack of interest, and weather. Supposed to rain most of this week with greater chances early but Friday is still a 40% and 20% on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
If we cancel or go here are some suggested trails.

The Snake (F19) exit at F41
B14
Bilstein Raven (B19) listed as a 3 diamond but is very easy
Power Wagon Point (C4)
Rubicon Ridge (D1) one of the best trails at Superlift
Buckhorn SE (G14)
Fun Run (G3) awesome trail. very fun. if wet avoid
Brandon's Run (A24)

Across the Street
Follow H5 to the top and turn left. Continue on trail until J18, Chrysler Canyon. This trail was not marked in the past but is very enjoyable. It just continues from the service road you were on and loops back to the overlook. A must trail!!! Has several mud puddles to splash through.

In the past, across the street is usually a good place to explore and not too difficult.

Edit: All of the trails listed above are good for newbies. They offer pucker factors but nothing too bad. They are also good trails for the experienced and trails I love to run every time I go.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
O.K., now~~~~~~~ no more drop-outs!! :flame: Paul, understandable, I understand with the children. Next time, no excuses.:|
I'M STILL IN!!! if we have more than 2.:thinkerg: With Jimmy still going and Scott wanting to try out his pretty new suspension and me just wanting to go, let's do it. We need to call Superlift to cancel the hold on some camp sites or we can try to get a couple of tent sites together. What ever you guys want to do. I do like the idea of having electricy for a fan~~~~~~~~never mind!!!!!:simmadown: I just talked myself out of a tent site. The electric plug just won the battle in my head!!! It wasn't even close.......3 to 1.:bangin:
I haven't heard from Bert yet, but we shouldn't need more than one site?????
Jimmy and Mat have hammocks, so all they need is a couple of trees. I have my tent and a 10x10 easy shade. And I think Scott has a tent. What do y'all think.:thinkerg: Let me know and I'll call up there and reserve what we need.
I'll probably get up there sometime early afternoon Friday.
See you guys there:cheers:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
O.K., now~~~~~~~ no more drop-outs!! :flame: Paul, understandable, I understand with the children. Next time, no excuses.:|
I'M STILL IN!!! if we have more than 2.:thinkerg: With Jimmy still going and Scott wanting to try out his pretty new suspension and me just wanting to go, let's do it. We need to call Superlift to cancel the hold on some camp sites or we can try to get a couple of tent sites together. What ever you guys want to do. I do like the idea of having electricy for a fan~~~~~~~~never mind!!!!!:simmadown: I just talked myself out of a tent site. The electric plug just won the battle in my head!!! It wasn't even close.......3 to 1.:bangin:
I haven't heard from Bert yet, but we shouldn't need more than one site?????
Jimmy and Mat have hammocks, so all they need is a couple of trees. I have my tent and a 10x10 easy shade. And I think Scott has a tent. What do y'all think.:thinkerg: Let me know and I'll call up there and reserve what we need.
I'll probably get up there sometime early afternoon Friday.
See you guys there:cheers:

Good to hear Jax, I'm definitely going. I have a small 3 man tent. I say we just keep the site you reserved. I have an appointment at 10:30 Friday morning at the VA and will leave from there. Should arrive between 1 and 2 o'clock at the park. I can't wait to put my new shiny suspension to work. :rocker:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Good to hear Jax, I'm definitely going. I have a small 3 man tent. I say we just keep the site you reserved. I have an appointment at 10:30 Friday morning at the VA and will leave from there. Should arrive between 1 and 2 o'clock at the park. I can't wait to put my new shiny suspension to work. :rocker:
I reserved 3 rv sites. That might be more than we need!! Jimmy is going. I'll wait a little to see if I hear from Bert. I'll call back up there and cancel at least 1 of the sites. But, I'm looking forward to getting back to Superlift!!!:rocker:
Later,

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
thanks for the reply Bert. Looking to meet you.:smile So we have Scott, Bert, Jimmy and probably Matt (jimmy's sidekick & creek jumper) and me. COOL!!:rocker::clap:
I am bringing my stove for breakfast. Anyone can use it for any other meals or snacks if you want to. I'll bring a dozen eggs and some bacon. If you guys want anything else or want more bring it. We will eat lunch on the trail or at the tents, so bring something. And we are going out to the big city for supper. So if I'm right we will have 3 tents to set up and my easy up awning, and Jimmy and Matt need 3 or 4 trees to hang their hammocks. I'll call up Superlift and cancel one RV site. I think we should be able to put everything on two RV sites. If you think differently Yell Out!.
I'm almost ready, how 'bout y'all!!!:grin If you guys have anything else you want to do just talk. We will talk later,:cheers:

·
fka Memphibious FJ
1,478 Posts
thanks for the reply Bert. Looking to meet you.:smile So we have Scott, Bert, Jimmy and probably Matt (jimmy's sidekick & creek jumper) and me. COOL!!:rocker::clap:
I am bringing my stove for breakfast. Anyone can use it for any other meals or snacks if you want to. I'll bring a dozen eggs and some bacon. If you guys want anything else or want more bring it. We will eat lunch on the trail or at the tents, so bring something. And we are going out to the big city for supper. So if I'm right we will have 3 tents to set up and my easy up awning, and Jimmy and Matt need 3 or 4 trees to hang their hammocks. I'll call up Superlift and cancel one RV site. I think we should be able to put everything on two RV sites. If you think differently Yell Out!.
I'm almost ready, how 'bout y'all!!!:grin If you guys have anything else you want to do just talk. We will talk later,:cheers:
That all sounds good, looking forward to it!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
This all sounds good to me. I'm all ready to go. Just gotta load the FJ. Look out Hot Springs here we come. :cheers:

101 - 120 of 133 Posts