Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the trigger on a plasma cutter and wanted to get some suggestions. I dont plan on cutting the real think stuff and have an angle grinder, chop saw, and sawsall for that if I need. I was looking at the Hobart 250ci mainly because its price and it has a built in compressor making it real portable. I looked at a used Miller Spectrum 300 but its old and not sure how good it works. The Longevity units get good write ups over on Pirate and are priced right with a 5 year warranty and thats the way I am leaning...Any Thoughts? Oh yea, I dont have 220 in my garage so I will be using 110 which cuts the ability but as previously stated I am not cutting the thick stuff.
:cheers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
if you have a Napa anywhere near you check with them. i bought mine from them about 5 years ago for under 500. it still works like a champ! it will cut up to 1/4 inch. it is a FirePower. i know if you catch one of their tool day sales you can get it for half price.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with the Longevity Forcecut 40d shown here - ForceCut 40D | Plasma Cutter - They gave me a good deal, $500 with a tip spacer and 15 consumables delivered. Ill post up after I get it with a review.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts