Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
great idea nice setup wheres the dish washer?
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the dishwasher. You just throw all the dirty dishes in the Action Packer, fill with water and then shake it! The dirty water drains out through all of the holes that I have drilled in it. Just don't let your wife or girlfriend do the dishes - 8# x 24 (gallons)= 192 lbs.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Almost 20 years ago we had a dedicated group of campers in our mountain biking club and every time we went there would be a "showing" of Action Packer mods. Some had evolved to be pretty fancy but yours would easily win best of show. Nice job!

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Nice!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks again for all of the complements!

I'm hoping that anyone who is inspired to make their own light weight chuckbox will feel free to add to this thread.

I'm kicking around some ideas for a smaller chuckbox since many of the foreseeable trips will be shorter ones with my wife.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Great set-up.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Great idea! I actually went out and bought an ActionPacker after reading this thread and took it with me to SNT. It was perfect and definitely beefier than your standard Rubbermaid box. Now to turn it into a similar style chuck box :bigthumb:

·
Registered
640 Posts
That is great

Poorly typed from my phone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Plastic Chuckbox -- additional information on box.

Interesting plan. I know the plastic box manufacturer is Rubbermaid and the box model is Action Packer. The lid is light grey and the main case is black. They come in three sizes, small, medium, and large. I have a large one, which is 35-Qt capacity. I would provide the outside dimensions, but it is in storage now for some 19 years. I just use it as it is for clothes, and some cooking items that came out once I was set up and ready for those items which stayed out until we packed up to go. Miss the old days and camping across the country and back or with the Boy Scouts. My mother, younger brother, and I traveled to all 50 states mostly camping, hiking, and off-road in a Pontiac Catalina Safari station wagon and we did safari with it going place where other 4WDs went without getting stuck. Our mother was the only casualty due to nerves as my brother and I navigation off-road with her beautiful car fearing the worst as I was 19 and my brother was age 14, but started driving as age 12. The stories we can tell around the campfire of our adventures.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.