Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just trying to get some advice on taking off the plastic front drivers side fender flare. I got as far as popping out the plugs and unscrewing the few screws in it but im stuck on both ends. The front end thats held in the bumper i cant figure out how to get it out. And the plastic that goes under neath the door.

I'm replacing it cause its damaged, and have a brand new OEM one to go in again.

Also tried to search the forum but couldnt find any 'Solid' guidelines!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Yes, just have to disassemble dependent parts.
For example, you should probably remove the rear bumper and corner covers to unbolt the rear flair. It will take a little time but it shouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was rear ended - Im replacing rear bumper with Desert A staelth

I need to replace the rear driver flair with stock

major trick is you need a small 90degree socket to get the last bolt off the area at the bottom closest to the suicide door.

plan on breaking the plastic joiner fasteners and ordering new ones

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was rear ended - Im replacing rear bumper with Desert A staelth

I need to replace the rear driver flair with stock

major trick is you need a small 90degree socket to get the last bolt off the area at the bottom closest to the suicide door.

plan on breaking the plastic joiner fasteners and ordering new ones
Nah, I got it with a small box end wrench when I took mine off today and didn’t break anything but the plastic pop clips in a few fender holes. Made gap fillers from a semi truck mud flap. Total cost $15.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,856 Posts
Looks good jet, but this thread was from 2015....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts