Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back bumper has been vandalized. I'm pretty sure my ex girlfriend got ahold of my keys and decided to carve her name on the back bumper under the tire cover. It's not a deep carve, and just a light scratching.... but never the less, she carved her name in it.

To the point: Anyone know of any good products to take scratches off of that plastic, or will I have to get the rear bumper replaced? Girlfriends suck.

·
Premium Member
16,781 Posts
I'd personally call the police. Let them know the situation and her carving her name in the bumper is pretty incriminating.

Even if all they do is question her you sure as hell can bet she will never do anything like that again.

As far as mending the plastic, lots of people have asked similar questions about the interior plastic. As far as i know, nothing will fix it. You can try heating it and melting it then pushing it together but that might change the surface texture/color and make it more noticeable.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Oh man that sucks! I'd call the cops, nothing will come of it, but it might scare her a little. I would lightly sand it and paint it black. Perfect time to start a black out!:cheers:

·
Registered
483 Posts
the best thing to do is get satin black paint by rustoleum, duplicolor, ect...spray it over the scratches, and immediately,IMMEDIATELY, rub it off with a rag, it fills in the scratches but doesnt get rid of them, but you wont be able to see it so well

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
depending on how light/deep the scrathces are...I have used a light bodied feather fill.
You can use a little rubber squeegee to apply it then wipe away the excess off the surrounding surface. let it dry and use a 400 wet sand paper and gently sand with water. use light pressure...I use a rubber block using very light pressure to knock the filler down to the surrounding surface. Buy the exact touch up from the dealership...the little container has a small brush like eye liner. paint it on let it dry...use a wet 600 grit and lightly sand it out directly on the area...then buff it out...That should look factory new.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ideas guys. I would call the police, but I have zero proof it was her. Except for that she was the only one to access to my keys. That and my roommate, but he wouldn't do that. I think the sanding is the best/easiest to do. I might upload a picture of it tomorrow when it's light out. I think Bobby Bouche's Momma was on to something in The Water Boy.... Girls really are the devil. :flame:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dude if its her name and its keyed, and shes an ex, you have at least enough to report it to the police. Otherwise move on and try buffing it out maybe the scratches didn't go through the clear coat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts