Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Sadly, I will not be attending the summit this year, but I'm all lined up for next year - and I'm already looking forward to it even though this year's summit hasn't even happened yet. In reading the website for the summit, it mentions off-road clinics. Would it be possible for someone to post a schedule of events even if I'm not attending? I only ask because (1) I'm trying to live vicariously through those of you who are going, and (2) I'm just interested in what sort of off-road clinics are offered at the summit, even if they may change year-to-year.

I hope you all enjoy the summit this year, and I look forward to seeing you all next year! :clap:

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
I'm sure you will see plenty posted here and on Facebook if you are on there.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
not much can be learned about off roading from a speaker. if any, it will be very general information.

grab some friends and get out in your FJ. that's where the real learning starts.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not much can be learned about off roading from a speaker. if any, it will be very general information.

grab some friends and get out in your FJ. that's where the real learning starts.
Gotcha. I'm a little on my own in the local vicinity, although I have some experience and there are some guys up in Cleveland and down in Cinci from me. I just wondered if the offroad clinics were sort of like mini Bill Burke things or not. Most of my offroad clubs in the area are hardcore buggy types that must rebuild their rigs every weekend with the torture they put those things through. It isn't so much technical as, "maybe if I just give 'er some more gas" sort of stuff around here.

Thanks though guys. I appreciate the responses.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Gotcha. I'm a little on my own in the local vicinity, although I have some experience and there are some guys up in Cleveland and down in Cinci from me. I just wondered if the offroad clinics were sort of like mini Bill Burke things or not. Most of my offroad clubs in the area are hardcore buggy types that must rebuild their rigs every weekend with the torture they put those things through. It isn't so much technical as, "maybe if I just give 'er some more gas" sort of stuff around here.

Thanks though guys. I appreciate the responses.
Bill Burke has indeed spoken at the Summit in the past for one of the afternoon sessions. There'll be famous people like that (and Joe Bacal) from time to time, and then some from among us that get up to share some crazy experience and how and what they learned from it, etc. Sometimes it's about how to use a hi-lift jack, or a winch or how to get unstuck from various situations. Sometimes it's about trail etiquette, responsible OHV use, or safety while in the out-back.

For the most part, I agree with Lmmmmm above, but even in the least valuable talk, there is almost always something that can be taken away from it that can help a person in their off-roading life, even if it's finding out a new, safe way to use their hi-lift jack as a manual winch, or something like that.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts