Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

The Summit this year is one expensive beast - considering we are feeding everyone for three days (maybe breakfast as well - still working on that one), we will need a good amt. of raffle tickets sold to have substantial revenue for the Ouray Mtn Rescue, police dept, tread lightly, and chamber of commerce. Please keep this in mind when purchasing anything in Ouray - whether it be t-shirts, raffle tickets etc.

We worked hard to keep entry costs low - 3 meals and all events at 125 is a downright bargain.

anyway....ya that's all. thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
How much will the raffle tickets cost?

What Items are up for grabs?

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boston Bicentenial......I bailed out of the summit....can I still buy raffle tickets????
you bailed? bah - why'd you bail?

you still could........but.......hmm. let me think about this one....

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
you bailed? bah - why'd you bail?

you still could........but.......hmm. let me think about this one....

I AM going to Moab right after the summit....could I come up to Ouray on the last day....spend a bunch of money....flirt with your girlfriend.....do the raffle....then follow the crazys to Moab????

Yes...I KNOW i'm a pain in the ass.....:jester:

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you really wan't to sell some tickets, raffle off a few teasers the first few nights to boost interest. Some of those items could be enjoyed on the trails.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I AM going to Moab right after the summit....could I come up to Ouray on the last day....spend a bunch of money....flirt with your girlfriend.....do the raffle....then follow the crazys to Moab????

Yes...I KNOW i'm a pain in the ass.....:jester:
of course you can

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm forgetting what we did last year to be honest. I believe 5 per ticket and a deal on them for 20 bucks but I'm forgetting how many for that price...

yes, prizes will be off the charts....ARB bumpers, racks, Demello bumpers, All Pro goods, Icon stuff.............list goes on and on and on....

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Last year the raffle ticket gods smiled on PUULBOY - and I hope that this year Don's karma isn't so darned good. :D

I have my eye on the supercharger this year but Don assured me that he plans to win that too...

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
don bought way more tickets than anyone else last year so the odds worked out well for him

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Last year was a hoot!

Money went to great folks in Ouray. Did any of you read the letters sent in by locals as to what a great group we had? The city of Ouray really takes care of us. I don't mind some of my money going to them.

I am bringing a few extra $ this year for the raffle. A bumper or supercharger? Ya gotta be kidding, win things like that for a $5 ticket?

On a side note... I got the schedule of who will be working the helicopter that will be in Ouray on Friday. Great crew! The pilot and I are very good friends, we go wheeling several times a year. And his sons are great Jeep drivers. He grew up in the area, knows lots of cool places. The medic is into the outdoors thing, worked here many years. He will pass some good knowlage to us. The nurse, OMG! She is so great to work with, she can tell stories that make me blush. And way better looking than us old [email protected] The story last week of the pair of bear (hey that rhymes, I'm a poet and don't know it). Took out her grill in Durango after the salmon.

Ya a great few days are coming.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
consider it done. I'm thinkin 200 should at least get me another t shirt.lol
Seriously though, I wanna win stuff so I'm in for at least 50

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
don bought way more tickets than anyone else last year so the odds worked out well for him
Wait a minute. I did not buy WAY more than everyone else. I bought 100 bucks worth . I spoke to a few that bought at least that many.
As far as being the big winner ... I was not the big winner. Maybe we need to tally up the winnings so we can set this record straight.
Granted, I was very fortunate ... I am not complaining at all. I just think the record is a little fuzzy for some.
Anyhow

By the way.. tickets were a buck last year . Are they really 5 this year??
Did someone say raffle??:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wait a minute. I did not buy WAY more than everyone else. I bought 100 bucks worth . I spoke to a few that bought at least that many.
As far as being the big winner ... I was not the big winner. Maybe we need to tally up the winnings so we can set this record straight.
Granted, I was very fortunate ... I am not complaining at all. I just think the record is a little fuzzy for some.
Anyhow

By the way.. tickets were a buck last year . Are they really 5 this year??
Did someone say raffle??:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry - guess I got my details all wrong. Hey it's been a year - leave me alone :)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts