Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in a recent post that the Volant CAI has been causing Check eng lights related to the MAF, Is this true? I really like the Volant and if this is true than Im not sure what intake to get now. I really like the Original TRD CAI cause of the design and TRD badging/colors but I hear its hard to find anymore. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I can appreciate feedback on any product, but data speaks the truth. Unless you have performance/milage data, it's all hear-say. If the stock system truly is the source of a restriction, then it is possible there could be be some very small gains. Does K&N or Volant have the before & after test data on your vehicle?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
After checking the K&N site, they do have P/T dyno data on the FJ to support their claims!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I am running the Volant with the pro5 filter, and I have not had any issues. I have heard from my friend who used to have an xterra, that xterra's with the powercore filter were having MAF issues, but those with the pro5 guaze filter, like mine, weren't. This may be the same issue with the FJ.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks tornadolax11,

Ok maybe I will just go with the pro5 filter unless some one can convince me the powercore has no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts