Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loooong story behind this but can someone please tell me what this bolt will adjust? I see the markings and I am assuming this adjusts camber or caster but I have no idea which. You can tell from the photos mine has been adjusted by the alignment shop, but I just want to get it back to stock after removing my lift. Anyone have a photo or advice on what the stock setting looks like? At least close enough so I can drive it to get re-aligned? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I doubt you'll have any problems driving it for an alignment or otherwise without adjusting it unless you're really close to rubbing currently. I ran mine for a few thousand miles without an alignment after my lift and granted, it wasn't perfect, but it was certainly driveable. Sorry I can't be of more help. Otherwise, if you want a comment on the picture-- Your suspension is so clean! I'm jealous.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Loooong story behind this but can someone please tell me what this bolt will adjust? I see the markings and I am assuming this adjusts camber or caster but I have no idea which. You can tell from the photos mine has been adjusted by the alignment shop, but I just want to get it back to stock after removing my lift. Anyone have a photo or advice on what the stock setting looks like? At least close enough so I can drive it to get re-aligned? Thanks.
What kind of lift are you putting on?

Unless you are putting on a 6" lift, you wont need to remove or adjust the cam bolts. If you are doing a 3" lift, just put the lift on and then take the FJ to an alignment shop immediately for them to do an alignment. You dont need to worry about where the markings are at currently, they will adjust it to get it back to stock settings.

·
Registered
272 Posts
those are the cam bolts on the LCA. There is one in the front and one in the back. They are used to adjust both caster and Camber. There is no "factory setting" each vehicle is aligned before being sold. If it the alignment looks horribly off you can eyeball it to get it to the shop. if it doesnt look horribly bad, and i doubt it is, then just drive it to the shop as is. It wont hurt anything if you only drive a few miles with a bad alignment unless its realllllly bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts