Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand with the A-Trac is for?? Also, should it be on all of the time?

How does the VSR relate to the A-Trac? How do you use the A-Trac with 4H and then with 4L?

I know thses questions may seem stupid...but I'd sure like to understand..

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
8,287 Posts
A-Trac is just an automatic form of left-foot braking. It uses the ABS system to apply partial braking to a spinning wheel, which will force some of the torque back through the differential to the other wheel that may still have traction. You can leave it on all the time when off-road if you want to. There's nothing else to do to use it except push the button and let it work when a wheel loses traction and spins.

·
Registered
2007 FJ
268 Posts
I too was wondering what that button did. Thanks for the explanation!

Up here in Canada, we get lotsa snow every winter. This is my 1st winter with my FJ and the VSC was driving me nuts. Because of a recent herniated disc, I wasn't up to performing the VSC disable mod. So I simply lifted the hood and disconnected the 2-wire plug at the master cylinder. The dash is lit up like a X-Mas tree, but at least the bloody ABS isn't kicking in every 10 seconds.

One thing I did realize after doing this is that the 3.5 is a torquey sumbeotch. Almost impossible to accelerate aggressively from a stop without spinning :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
On the FJ Cruiser Bulletin site you can watch a brief video about A-TRAC. It's under Section 1:Engineering:Traction Tools.

FJ Bulletin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts