Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I have an electrical question for all you experts out there. I am trying to add an extra 12V outlet. I have purchased an "Add-a-Circut" and also a 12v receptacle. I already know where the "add-a-circut" needs to go. I have also already mounted the 12v outlet. The "add-a-circut" has a single red wire and the 12v outlet has a "+" and "-" terminal.
Now for the question. I believe that the red wire from the add-a-circut will go to the "+" terminal, but what should I do with the "-" terminal. Does it go to ground, or do I need to tap into a negative wire somehwere in the vehicle?
Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
728 Posts
All,

I have an electrical question for all you experts out there. I am trying to add an extra 12V outlet. I have purchased an "Add-a-Circut" and also a 12v receptacle. I already know where the "add-a-circut" needs to go. I have also already mounted the 12v outlet. The "add-a-circut" has a single red wire and the 12v outlet has a "+" and "-" terminal.
Now for the question. I believe that the red wire from the add-a-circut will go to the "+" terminal, but what should I do with the "-" terminal. Does it go to ground, or do I need to tap into a negative wire somehwere in the vehicle?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Yes, just run a wire from the back of the 12v receptacle to ground.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I will run a wire form the 12v outlets' "+" terminal to the Add-a-circut and a wire from the "-" terminal to ground.
I appreciate the quick response!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts