Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I signed on for the first time in weeks, and edited the main post of my "member build-up" - the forum redesign changed the way posts are linked to, so my "index" of modifications that linked to other posts in the thread didn't work anymore.

That post had 22 images embedded in it. When I went to save the post, the forum asked me to limit my post to 20 images. Well... there were already more than that in there! Thankfully, I was able to find two that weren't that essential, but... I have some other posts that I'll need to update (once another issue is addressed) that have more than 20 images. These are modification write-ups and their photos are critical. Since I can't insert new posts in the thread to split up the content into groups of only 20 images...

What can I do in that situation? I can no longer edit those posts without being forced to throw away photo content!

FJCF no more than 20 images.jpg

·
Administrator
2,074 Posts
How frequently do you encounter this error? The limit on posts is to help loading and indexing, but if this is an issue you run into with frequency we can make amendments to it.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only once so far (though I haven't been able to try to edit all of the posts I want to, on account of the "7 day" limit). I don't mind a limit on images necessarily - happy to split things into multiple posts - but the "gotcha" is for editing existing posts already in a thread with replies after them that cannot be elegantly split up.

·
Administrator
2,074 Posts
For now, we have a 20 image max per post however that could change down the road.

Right now our main focus is the site speed issues and reviewing spam tools, once those are sorted out we will move back towards adding new features and bug fixes.

Jeff M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts