Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
No they do not, but I have heard before on this forum that you can get them custom made? No idea where though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I used to work for tire mfg. For concept vehicles using special tread pattern.. we used to take slicks given from factory and have to hand-groove them, it was a lot of work, but pretty neat. I highly doubt that any tire mfg. would custom make a set.. maybe retread tire people.. but still doubt it. :)

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
If they did make them I bet they'd handle poorly, be nasty loud, be rough as all get out and not provide decent traction on rain, snow or ice.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Man, I'm glad they didn't put that Toyota logo on our trucks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
You could buy the General Tire blanks and design your own tread patten.

[/IMG]

Too bad there not DOT approved

·
Registered
82 Posts
You could buy the General Tire blanks and design your own tread patten.

[/IMG]

Too bad there not DOT approved
Nice! Pretty cool General make slicks.. probably for their motor sport program since its not a DOT approved tire... still! :bigthumb:

Should some of you like to attempt making your own. PM me, I can give you some tips. :)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I hate the fact the concept had sun roofs and a winch, both not available in production without aftermarket. Love the mirror attachment too
I've read somewhere that the winches were fake. They were there for looks. If that made it to production, a "fake winch", I wouldn't have bought one. I do love those mirrors.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I know this is just a concept, but are there any tires similar to these Toyota FJ Cruiser Concept wallpaper # 03 of 12, Front Angle, MY 2003, 800x600
I fixed your OP so the pic was in the post rather than going to the site..

If they did make them I bet they'd handle poorly, be nasty loud, be rough as all get out and not provide decent traction on rain, snow or ice.
I certainly agree these tires would be absolutely useless... just as useless as the fake winch :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts