Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please unblock IH8MUD, many of us rely on both sites for locating information about the FJ and ih8mud is an aboslute resource. To the best of my knowledge they have never spoken out against fjcruiserforums or given any reason to not allow links from their site to be posted here.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ditto, I originally found this site from a link on the not to be mentioned website. I mean are we going to start not posting links from the Toyota website? Why just IH8MUD?

I've already started production on Free IH8MUD t-shirts and bumper stickers. I can stop production if this nonsense is resolved.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beaufort-fjc said:
whats ih8mud? is that a scion site?
Too damn funny beaufort

Toybox,

ih8mud is a land cruiser site/forum that has a very active forum. The site deals with wheeling land cruisers and there is a pretty active section of their forum dedicated to the FJ. What everyone is talking about is that this site blocks links to that site and many of us, myself included would like to see this practice changed.

For example:

http://forum.***********/showthread.php?t=66616

·
Registered
133 Posts
IH8MUD is a forum site dedicated to the land cruiser. It is by far the icon of land cruiser information and info on local Land Cruiser clubs in your areas including the FJ. Just go there and check it out for yourself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
trollhole said:
IH8MUD is a forum site dedicated to the land cruiser. It is by far the icon of land cruiser information and info on local Land Cruiser clubs in your areas including the FJ. Just go there and check it out for yourself.
:cool: jeep makes some cool land cruisers :eek:

·
Registered
181 Posts
granger said:
Too damn funny beaufort

Toybox,

ih8mud is a land cruiser site/forum that has a very active forum. The site deals with wheeling land cruisers and there is a pretty active section of their forum dedicated to the FJ. What everyone is talking about is that this site blocks links to that site and many of us, myself included would like to see this practice changed.

For example:

http://forum.***********/showthread.php?t=66616
Cool, thanks.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The site was allowed until the admin of that site came here and posted links to it in his signature. I dont appreciate that. I have not gone to his site and put in my signature to come here for info about the FJ Cruiser, and calling it the #1 FJ Cruiser site on the internet.

I find that in very bad taste, so I blocked the links. If the admin from that site agrees not to use this site to advertise his own, I will allow the links.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
ekool said:
The site was allowed until the admin of that site came here and posted links to it in his signature. I dont appreciate that. I have not gone to his site and put in my signature to come here for info about the FJ Cruiser, and calling it the #1 FJ Cruiser site on the internet.

I find that in very bad taste, so I blocked the links. If the admin from that site agrees not to use this site to advertise his own, I will allow the links.

seems to me both sites have an excellent opportunity to drive traffic to each other, making it a win - win situation....

If my 'sig line was over the top, an email asking me to change it would have been welcome.

·
Registered
524 Posts
woody said:
seems to me both sites have an excellent opportunity to drive traffic to each other, making it a win - win situation....

If my 'sig line was over the top, an email asking me to change it would have been welcome.
I prefer private messages because I can confirm you have received it, but you have disabled the ability to receive a PM on this forum.

Your sig line was definetly over the top, and I suspect that had I done the same on your forum, you would not have liked it either. I only ask for some professional courtesy, nothing more.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
done...and I've removed some of my other posts as well.

edit: I don't allow PM's on most of the forums I frequent...since I participate in 20+ a day, keeping up with them is impossible...

·
Registered
524 Posts
woody said:
done...and I've removed some of my other posts as well.

edit: I don't allow PM's on most of the forums I frequent...since I participate in 20+ a day, keeping up with them is impossible...
I appreciate it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
woody said:
so, is "any" sig line allowed?

ie: ***********, linked?
Users on this forum have been linking there for a while, or to other sites without issue. Blatant advertising by the administrator of said site, especially when the signature itself uses content to 'one up' what we have built here is simply uncalled for and inappropriate.

If I used this site on your site, would you allow it:

"FJCruiserForums.com - http://www.fjcruiserforums.com - The best place to go for FJ Cruiser Information" -- would you allow it? That is VERY similar to the one you used here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, at least you are both somewhat civil.

Listen, ekool, half of the guys over on Ih8mud don't even like the FJ, but then half of them are considering purchasing them, or selling their current vehicles to purchase them.

Ih8mud will always leans towards the older cruisers, but there will always be some discussion on the FJ as well, and vice versa for your site. There will be SO MANY new people to cruisers, the traffic on both of your sites will skyrocket.

I believe you blocking Ih8mud was over the top, and I hope that you have reconsidered. Just as much as this discussion has advertised ih8mud here, woody started a thread over on ih8mud about it, which is why I am here. So you have gotten just as much advertisement.

On top of it...I believe woody may have just allowed the signature you mentioned because it is more about bringing new people in then "competing". There is a lot to teach the new guys to the cruiser community about cruiser karma, and banning isn't a good start.

ekool, you have a great site, and I look forward to learning about the FJ as it comes out...all of its problems and triumphs as I consider buying one right here and on ih8mud, because the opinions will come from two different angles, the old and new cruiser community.

BTW, a lot of the members you have here are from ih8mud already...and I listed woody as my referral to your site.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts